It started with the Sky People and then there were the Grounders and in The 100 Season 3 the series will expand into Artificial Intelligence (AI) territory with ALIE. According to Executive Producer Jason Rothenberg, these stories all eventually collide and go “boom!”
BuddyTV caught up with Rothenberg at San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) 2015 to get some insight into how the series will change, the challenges of the series and more!
Check out the video interview and highlights below.
Highlights from the interview:
- “They are all Grounders now technically.”
- One half of the season will be the escalating conflict between the Grounders and the Sky People.
- The Grounder culture and world will be revealed, including how leaders are made and delving into the mythology.
- The other half of the story will be the AI story.The two will collide and “everything goes boom.”
- We will meet the clans and learn more about the Ice Nation. Rothenberg won’t reveal if we meet the queen or not, but we will meet people from there early on.
- “The politics of The 100 are the politics of survival.”
- The tableau of the story is getting larger which means it’s fun as a storyteller, but difficult to keep all the balls in the air and decide which story to focus on. There are a lot of series regular actors so they lose them and then pick them up.
- The show could go anywhere. They could do The 100 Egypt or The 100 Africa. There’s stuff happening post-apocalyptic everywhere.
The 100 Season 3 premieres in 2016.
(Image courtesy of WBTV/ Video: Carla Day)