The Vampire Diaries season 6 finale saw everyone say goodbye to Elena, as, thanks to Kai’s spell, while Bonnie is still alive, Elena is sleeping. So how is Bonnie going to be dealing with that in season 7? BuddyTV was at San Diego Comic-Con to find out from Kat Graham.
The Vampire Diaries Interview: EP on Playing with Time and Damon in Season 7>>>
Watch the video interview with Kat Graham:
Here are the highlights:
- She thinks that Bonnie is “relieved” because she does know that Elena will eventually come back.
- Even if she does feel guilty, her goodbye scene with Elena in the season finale and “just remembering that emotional impact that Elena had on Bonnie will take away some of the guilt.”
- Bonnie is “extremely strong and powerful without all the magic and then with the magic, she’s kind of lethal.”
- Damon will be dealing with having lost the love of his life for the time being. “You’re going to see that they both have their issues with each other, which isn’t anything new, but they’re actually dealing with it,” Graham teased. “We’re going to see them dealing with each other in a very direct way.”
- One of her favorite scenes from last season was Bonnie’s suicide attempt. She was proud of “We wanted to show the vulnerability of being alone and what that means,” she explained of her character’s arc in the prison world. “I was really proud that the character was able to make that full turn.”
- You’re going to see what Bonnie wants out of life now in the premiere.
- “This is a character that’s come back strong and obviously she’s going to want to do right by herself, by Elena and whoever else that she’s lost in the process. She’s going to want to not sacrifice any more. If she lost all of this, she’s going to make it count.”
The Vampire Diaries Interview: Candice Accola Says Caroline Is Trying to ‘Play it Cool’ with Stefan>>>
The Vampire Diaries season 7 premieres Thursday, October 8 at 8pm on the CW.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV
If it’s on TV — especially if it’s a procedural or superhero show — chances are Meredith watches it. She has a love for all things fiction, starting from a young age with ER and The X-Files on the small screen and the Nancy Drew books. Arrow kicked off the Arrowverse and her true passion for all things heroes. She’s enjoyed getting into the minds of serial killers since Criminal Minds, so it should be no surprise that her latest obsession is Prodigal Son.