Castiel is human and Angels have fallen from Heaven. That creates a conflict on Earth that will be explored throughout Supernatural season 9. This summer, Misha Collins (Castiel) and Executive Producer Robert Singer spoke with reporters about Cas’ challenges as a human and the battles that will be fought.
Check out the full video interviews and highlights.
‘Supernatural’ Interview: Executive Producer Jeremy Carver on Surprises to Come in Season 9>>>
Misha Collins Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- Human Cas is a “different version of Cas,” but “it’s not a dramatic break. It’s not like a switch has been thrown.” It’s not like when he went crazy, became God, or became Jimmy.
- He’s the same Cas, but he has to learn to cope and live as a human. His learning includes human biological functions to “what does this mean my purpose on the planet is.”
- Cas gets frustrated. He can’t teleport, so it takes weeks for him to get from one place to another.
- He still knows stuff, but “beyond that he’s useless.”
- “He’s so useless. He doesn’t have a purpose.”
- At the beginning of the season, Cas is running and hiding from the fallen angels. He’s powerless to fight them head on.
- “I’m not telling you.” in response to whether Cas has any allies. Hmm….
- Collins didn’t get to keep the Cas toy from the episode when the Anti-Christ turned him into a toy. They made two of them, but they wouldn’t let him keep one.
- Collins tells story about Jensen and Jared taking their favorite clothes at the end of season 1. “So now they have a log on the door of the wardrobe trailer.”
- The question of whether Cas would want to be an Angel again is addressed in season 9.
‘Supernatural’ Interview: Jensen Ackles on Navigating the New Fallen Angel World in Season 9>>>
Executive Producer Robert Singer interview
Highlights from the interview:
- The Fallen Angels have all of their powers, except for their wings. They can’t teleport, but they can smite and heal.
- There are different Angel factions which leads to fights. Some want to stay and others want to find a way back to Heaven.
- Crowley is missing. There’s infighting between Demons.
- We will see Angels from previous episodes return.
- Metatron will be seen around half-way through the season. He’s lonely up in Heaven. The non-Angels are still up there, including souls. His story will be during second half of season.
- Jim Beaver (Bobby) comes back in an unexpected way.
- Demon Blade and Angel Blade are still around. Having one is a big deal.
- Felicia Day (Charlie) will be in episode 4 and in another couple episodes.
- Episode titled, “Dr. Dean Little” – He will be able to talk to animals.
- There will continue to be a lot of conflict between the brothers and Cas. Season 9 will be heavily character driven.
‘Supernatural’ Interview: Jared Padalecki on Sam’s New Goal and a Pivotal Secret>>>
Supernatural airs on Tuesdays at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss Supernatural! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image courtesy of the CW/Video: Carla Day.)