Dean is a demon and Sam’s in the pursuit of his brother as Supernatural Season 10 begins. It’s a whole new dynamic for the series as the brothers are apart and on opposite sides of the supernatural spectrum. For insight into the new season, we sat with Executive Producer Jeremy Carver as he talked with reporters at San Diego Comic-Con 2014.
‘Supernatural’ Interview: Jensen Ackles on Demon Dean’s Bar Fights, Booze and Babes>>>
Check out the video interview with Jeremy Carver and highlights below.
‘Supernatural’ Interview: Jared Padalecki Teases ‘Sam’s Loyalty and Commitment’ in Season 10>>>
Highlights from the interview:
- Carver believes the brothers “reached a certain good place. Not necessarily a happy place, but a good place right before Dean died.”
- “There was a real maturation in terms of Sam accepting that Dean was walking into death and actually being okay with that.”
- At the beginning of Season 10, Sam has no idea what happened to Dean. His brother was dead and then gone. He has no idea Dean’s a demon. He has ideas about what happened, but that’s all.
- The boys “going to ground and need to get better.” Though, the supernatural will continue to follow them. “For everything they go through the boys end up in a good place.”
- Question this season: “How do you stop your demon brother?”
- Regarding the angels, the focus in the beginning is with angels on earth. They have gotten their act together. Metatron is in jail and angels are trying to work things out. Heaven’s as stable as it’s been in many years.
Supernatural Season 10 premieres Tuesday, October 7 at 9pm ET on the CW.
(Image courtesy of the CW / Video: Carla Day)