Just when you think things can’t possibly get more intense on Sons of Anarchy, somehow Kurt Sutter does it. “Crucifixed” kept me on edge and more tense than any other episode from the first moment to the very last. It never let up. There was not a single character that I wasn’t afraid for during the extended 90 minute episode.
Spoiler alert: This preview contains some Sons of Anarchy spoilers for tonight’s episode. I don’t reveal any huge spoilers, but read at your own risk.
Throughout season 5, Jax has been moving pieces into play for his grand plan. While his play hasn’t been a secret, in “Crucifixed,” it becomes much more clear what he is doing and who he is using. His plan has had complications along the way and those continue to pile up.
If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure to check out our Sons of Anarchy Video Preview for “Crucifixed which includes a breakdown of the trailer.
The Jax of today is definitely not the Jax of any previous season. With all his talk of wanting to get out of the life for his family, he continues the downward slide into darker and darker versions of himself. Then, every once and a while a glimpse of the hopeful Jax will appear.
I can’t remember the last SOA episode that didn’t have a death and this week is no different. One death will cause a divide in the club leadership, which leads to one of the most heartfelt scenes of the show. It broke my heart during that moment. The other death should have far reaching consequences for all those involved.
Here are some other highlights of the episode:
- While Jax is working on a way to bring down Clay, his stepfather is working just as hard to find a way to save himself.
- Juice is warned by Eli that Jax knows he is the rat. He makes a decision on what to do.
- Jax meets with the mayor and cuts a deal regarding the new development in Charming.
- Pope demands to know when Jax will honor their deal regarding Tig.
- Clay goes to the cartel for protection, but instead his request gets turned into an intriguing offer.
- Tara gets a new job offer.
- Gemma makes a final (?) decision about complying with Jax’s demand that she get closer to Clay.
- Jax sets up a secondary plan in case his mother doesn’t succeed.
- Tara visits Otto again and he has one final request before he will help SAMCRO with the RICO case.
- SAMCRO tracks down Hightower after he is released from prison.
- Will Juice be killed? You’ll have to watch to find out. No spoilers for that!
“Crucifixed” is like a chess match with pieces being moved all around to achieve Checkmate. In the end, who will be the one getting checked? Jax? Clay? Or, someone else? It’s a dangerous game they are playing and as Jax says at one point in tonight’s episode, “Things are gonna get bloody, brother.” They already have and it only looks to get worse.
Sons of Anarchy “Crucifixed” airs Tuesday, November 13 at 10 pm ET on FX.
(Image courtesy of FX.)
Want to add Sons of Anarchy to your very own watch-list? Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.