The week’s TV gossip and news – foraged from the back of the fridge for you!
- Watch out, Tyra! Petra Nemcova, the supermodel who survived the 2004 tsunami by clinging to a tree for eight hours (suddenly being called fat doesn’t seem like the worst thing ever, now does it?), is eyeing your territory. TLC is putting together a “grittier” version of “America’s Next Top Model,” tentatively titled “The Petra Nemcova Project.” Variety reports that the models were picked for, you know, their actual modeling ability, rather than “their potential to create reality show ‘drama.’” Could be good stuff! (Variety)
- Was Paris Hilton too hungover to attend the Heatherette show at Fashion Week this week? Radar seems to think so. They also got an accidental “spoiler” of sorts about “The Hills.” Heidi and Spencer – who seemed to be on the outs in recent episodes – appear to be trying to make it work. Two items for the price of one? Thanks, Radar! (Radar)
- Okay, this might actually be news you can use: Amazon and Tivo have arranged a video download deal, creating new possibilities for the TV on-demand market. (BusinessWeek)
- Did you think it was over? It’s NOT OVER! Justin Timberlake brings boxyback (sorry, every writer gets to make one terrible Sexyback joke and that’s mine), performing his SNL “You-Know-What in a Box” with Andy Samberg live at Madison Square Garden. Somewhat crappy video here. (CollegeHumor)
- This IS over. And by this, I mean, THIS, this column and its gossipy ilk. And by “over,” I mean tired. I’m not actually going to stop. But: Paris Hilton and Britney Spears are on the cover of Newsweek. The favored magazine of my retired parents and doctors’ offices. This is very depressing. (Newsweek)
– Leslie Seaton, BuddyTV Staff Columnist