While some of the characters in FOX’s new drama series, Minority Report, are new for the TV show, Laura Regan’s Agatha is from the movie. BuddyTV was at San Diego Comic-Con to find out what to expect from the precog 10 years later, as well as to get the scoop on Wilmer Valderrama’s character.
Meet the Cast of Minority Report>>>
Watch the video interview with Wilmer Valderrama and Laura Regan:
Here are a few highlights:
- Regan’s Agatha has grown up a bit in the 10 years that have passed, but she is in complete seclusion when the series begins. She doesn’t want any part of the society that took advantage of her.
- However, she is worried about her brothers, who have gone back to the city, and that could be what pulls her back in. “What that does to her is kind of an interesting question,” Regan shared. “She’s definitely not trusting of people. …Will that make her more calculating? Will she be bitter about that? Where will it take her?”
- Valderrama plays ex-Marine Lieutenant Blake, Vega’s boss, and they do have a past. “They’re almost a perfect cop together. They complement each other really well.”
- Blake is “very by-the-book” and believes in the program, in the system. “He believes that the law is there for a reason.”
- “It’s really like going to dance class,” Valderrama said of learning the gestures for the future tech. There’s a “language” to it.
- They’re also going through training for “a version of the police’s methods that will probably be the evolved version of it based on certain mistakes the police probably made.”
- There’s “a new weapon that is going to assist the police on a very unique level.”
Minority Report premieres Monday, September 21 at 9pm on FOX.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV
If it’s on TV — especially if it’s a procedural or superhero show — chances are Meredith watches it. She has a love for all things fiction, starting from a young age with ER and The X-Files on the small screen and the Nancy Drew books. Arrow kicked off the Arrowverse and her true passion for all things heroes. She’s enjoyed getting into the minds of serial killers since Criminal Minds, so it should be no surprise that her latest obsession is Prodigal Son.