Maybe Liv should stay single for a while, given her bad luck with dating the past two seasons on iZombie. Rose McIver discussed her character’s love life and BuddyTV got the scoop on what’s coming up in season 3 at San Diego Comic-Con.
The CW’s Fall 2016 Schedule: Supergirl Stays on Mondays, The Originals Delayed Until Mid-Season>>>
Watch the video interview with Rose McIver:
Here are the highlights:
- “For Major’s sake on the show, I don’t want them to be dating because it feels like they just keep killing Liv’s boyfriends. Every time she falls in love, something goes wrong.”
- Ultimately, she hopes Liv and Major end up together, but she doesn’t want them to rush it. Instead, she wants them to let them have a great friendship and see if it comes back around in the long run.
- Liv’s going to be on dominatrix brain.
- She hopes there’s an ice-skating episode.
- She likes the idea of Major eating brains and taking on characteristics too.
- Though she wants Jennifer Morrison to guest star and to go back to Once Upon a Time, they shoot at the same time and are both very busy.
- In episode 2, she eats the brain of a protective father and Major has the brains of the angsty daughter. Robert Buckley playing angsty teenage girl is going to be a “highlight.”
- The brains can fit into the greater picture now.
- She hopes they find out who Liv’s dad is and have more family stuff.
- Liv is conflicted about the cure. It once was black and white — she didn’t want to eat brains or not be able to have children — and while it’s still inconvenient to be a zombie, it is a big part of her identity now. She has found a purpose and can help people.
iZombie season 3 will air in the midseason on the CW.
(Image courtesy of Sarah Boyce)
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV
If it’s on TV — especially if it’s a procedural or superhero show — chances are Meredith watches it. She has a love for all things fiction, starting from a young age with ER and The X-Files on the small screen and the Nancy Drew books. Arrow kicked off the Arrowverse and her true passion for all things heroes. She’s enjoyed getting into the minds of serial killers since Criminal Minds, so it should be no surprise that her latest obsession is Prodigal Son.