“Double Shot at Love” with DJ Pauly D and Vinny is a popular MTV reality series that stars “Jersey Shore” alumni Paul DelVecchio Jr. and Vinny Guadagnino. The show is a spinoff of the MTV original “Shot at Love” reality dating game show which starred Tila Tequila and the Ikki Twins.
What’s “Double Shot at Love” About?
“Double Shot at Love” was originally created to help the two reality star bachelors find their perfect match.
Vinny, sometimes lovingly referred to as the Staten Island “Keto-guido,” finished season one with a winning match in Alysee Joyner. However, the two did not make it long-term. Season two included love interest Maria Elizondo, but the two had reportedly ended their relationship before season three began. Maria does make an appearance in season three.
A departure from the dating show format, season two was set in Las Vegas with roommates Vinny and Pauly D, along with several of the contestants from the first season (Brittany ‘B-Lashes’ Schwartz, Marissa, Derynn, and Suzi) and some “cugines” new additions. Viewers followed Pauly D’s DJ stint at The Linq Hotel and Drai’s Beachclub & Nightclub and the budding relationship between DJ Pauly D and season one winner, Nikki Hall.
What Happened in Season 3 of “Double Shot at Love?”
“Double Shot at Love” season three takes the show back to its dating show roots, as the focus turns to finding love for everyone’s favorite bachelor, Vinny.
As the most eligible — and only remaining unmarried “Jersey Shore” cast member — Vinny gets a little help from friends Pauly D and Nikki Hall, who guide him through the grueling reality dating show process. Viewers were also treated to special appearances from reality star castmates like ‘Snooki’ and ‘JWoww,’ as matchmaking gurus.
Season three ends with Vinny choosing the mysterious Akeila to take a shot at love. With some trepidation, Akelia agrees. The season ends with Vinny, Aleila, Pauly D, and Nikki sharing drinks as two happy couples and Vinny as a third wheel no more.
Are Vinny and Akeila Still Together?
Unfortunately, Vinny and Akeila did not find love together and have broken up. Shortly after the season three finale aired, Vinny informed his social media followers that the pair were no longer in a relationship. It seems the two ended things amicably, as Vinny also said he considers Akeila a friend “because she’s cool af.”
About the Main Cast Members of “Double Shot at Love”
Jersey Shore original cast member who has had a hard time finding true love.
Paul DelVecchio Jr. (AKA DJ Pauly D)
Jersey Shore OG cast member, and Vinny Guadagnino’s former roommate. Pauly D is dating Nikki Hall, whom he chose as his ‘shot at love’ at the end of season one of the series. He is also currently a DJ in Las Vegas.
Nikki Hall – Pauly D’s girlfriend
The pair met in season one and continue building on their relationship while helping Vinny find true love.
Vinny’s choice for a shot at love from season three. She was an athlete who played college basketball in Missouri. She is currently working as a travel nurse.
Alysee is a Brooklyn native and was chosen by Vinny at the end of season one of the series. The relationship between the two fizzled out after the show ended.
Contestant on a “Double Shot at Love” season one, but she was not chosen at the end. Maria also appeared in season two as a primary love interest for Vinny but things ultimately did not last.
Famously known as “Snooki,” Nicole is a fan favorite and has been with the show since the beginning. She starred in “Jersey Shore” and the spinoff series “Snooki & JWoww.”
Also known as “JWoww,” Jenni Farley is an entrepreneur. She also starred in “Jersey Shore” and the spinoff series “Snooki & JWoww.”
Double Shot at Love Season Three Contestants
- Akielia Rucker. The “winner” of “Double Shot at Love” season three, Akielia Rucker, is a travel nurse from Missouri.
- Emily “Peachy” Piccinonno. “Peachy” is a native New Yorker, fitness trainer, yoga instructor, and is “the most decisive libra you’ll ever meet” according to her Instagram profile. She made it all the way to the finals but was ultimately not Vinny’s final choice for a double shot at love.
- Erika DeVito. Long Island gal, Erika DeVito, is an event planner and a New York Giants fan. She was a finalist on the show but was not Vinny’s final choice.
- Kristen Panarella. Kristen is a hair stylist and emergency medical services tech who lives in New York.
- Danielle Hopson. Danielle Hopson is a model who was eliminated in episode 11 of the show. Her Instagram feed says she is “a little Michigan, a little Florida, and a whole lotta whiskey.”
- Peyton Freestone. Peyton Freestone is a fitness model, actress, entrepreneur, and influencer who lives in Los Angeles. She was eliminated in episode 10. There were online rumors that she is a transgender woman, but those suspicions appear to be unsubstantiated.
- Kayla Penoli. Kayla Penoli is an entrepreneur with her own cosmetics line Kosmetics By Kayla. She is a California native and was eliminated in episode nine.
- Jovanna Del Plato. Jovanna is a make-up artist who works for fashion shows, TV and reality shows, weddings, and other special events. She was eliminated in episode nine.
- Jillian Pantaleo. Jillian is a self proclaimed part-time party girl who has her heart set on becoming a full-time housewife. She’s employed in the beauty industry.
- Claudelia Zarate. Claudelia lives in Texas and is a ‘bottle girl’ at Waterproof Dallas. She was eliminated in episode eight of the show.
- Hanh “Honey” Nguyen. Honey Nguyen is from a small town and is a nail artist and a part-time model. She was eliminated in episode seven.
- Erica Pecore. Ericka Pecore lives in San Diego, CA and recently passed her LSAT exams.
- Kortni Montgomery. Kortni is from Louisiana and is the host of “The Daily Drop” podcast. She has been on TV in the past on the “Worst Cooks in America.” It may have been her cooking that got her eliminated in episode five of the show.
- Leanzy Peterson. Leanzy is a media producer who lives in Los Angeles, California. Leanzy was eliminated in episode four.
- Bidisa Chandra. Bidisa Chandra is a Whyalla, South Australia native who now resides in Newport Beach, California. She has an MBA and was eliminated in episode three.
- Abigail “Abi” Memoli. Abi Memoli was born in Jersey and raised in Raleigh, North Carolina, and currently lives in Tampa, Florida. She is a dental hygienist. She was cut in episode three of the series.
- Kyra Carey. Kyra is a former vet tech who has referred to herself as a ‘proud bimbo, proud cry baby.’ She also says she “laughs like a dolphin” and “before I’m spiritual, I’m a menace” on her Instagram.
- Kiana Khoshaba. Kiana has a BA in psychology and a Master’s degree in clinical mental health and counseling. She currently lives in Los Angeles. She was eliminated in episode two.
Will There be a Season 4 of “Double Shot at Love?”
As of yet, there is no official word that “Double Shot at Love” has been renewed. Vinny has expressed a willingness to participate in a fourth season if he is still single at the time. There is currently no release date or confirmation for season four.
“Jersey Shore: Family Vacation” premiered in January 2022, which may mean a fourth season is in the works. Fans are also still waiting for a season three reunion, which may shed more light on the series’ future.
Where can you watch “Double Shot at Love?”
You can stream “Double Shot at Love” on most major streaming services with paid streaming subscriptions and on MTV in reruns.
Learn more about the best movies and shows on BuddyTV
If you’d like to stay on top of all your favorite reality TV shows and everything else in TV entertainment, sign up for the BuddyTV newsletter and get the news delivered directly to your email box!
(images courtesy of MTV)