Before season 12 of The Amazing Race began filming, BuddyTV got the chance to talk to the contestants, creator and host of the show to get their thoughts on what was to come. Check back all this week as we unveil our exclusive video interviews of the 11 brand new teams.
Shana and Jennifer
, the all-female team is ready to do whatever it takes to bring home the $1 million prize while looking good, all at the same time. They two are confident that they have what it takes to win the competition and aren't afraid to use their good looks to flirt their way to the finish line. Watch BuddyTV's full video interview with Shana and Jennifer below to find out more about these two and how they plan to become the very first all-female team to win the Race.
- Jennifer and Shana are both athletic and they both love to travel, so they feel that this Race is the perfect fit for them.
- Shana expressed that she's a chef and loves to travel and taste food from all over the world. She's also an actress, so she likes to be in front of the camera as well.
- They are super excited to get out and see the world and most importantly, to get the $1 million dollars.
- They hope to emulate Dustin and Kandice because they feel that they are very similar. Dustin and Kandice were an all girl team that made it to the top 4, they were very competitive, had great strategy, they were underestimated because of their good looks, and they were both blonde just like Jennifer and Shana.
- Jennifer and Shana think that they will be underestimated because of their good looks and their image.
- In preparation for the Race, they've been analyzing past seasons, watching them over and over, pausing, taking notes, even to the point of analyzing what teams were wearing and what they packed in their backpacks.
- When asked what they hope to accomplish on this Race, they hope to grow as people. They believe this will be a life changing experience for the both of them, and to see people in poverty, will help them appreciate life and what they've been blessed with. They also look forward to seeing how they will react to different situations in different cultures.
- Their overall general strategy is to let people underestimate them based on their looks. They care about their looks and feel strongly that you can “make it all the way to the finish line while looking good.”
- They also plan to flirt and charm their way through the Race. They are not afraid to use manipulation and they feel they are more athletic than people think.
- Shana would like to buy a place to live since she won't have a place to live after the Race. She'd also like to buy a car and take her family someplace nice.
- Jennifer would like to make a better life for her family. She wants to invest. She's been poor all her life. She would like solar energy in her house, she's very environmentally conscious. She doesn't want to be wasteful.
- They hope to make all the fans proud.
Check out our other exclusive video interviews for The Amazing Race 12:
Creator Bertram van Munster
Lorena and Jason
Nicolas and Donald
Ronald and Christina
Azaria and Hendekea
Kynt and Vyxsin
Jennifer and Nathan
Ari and Staella
TK and Rachel
Marianna and Julia
Host Phil Keoghan
-Interview conducted by Royce Yuen
(Image courtesy of CBS)