Tommy's dead. And, Oliver will never be the same again. In Arrow season 2, a shift occurs in the aftermath of the tragic finale last season. Stephen Amell spoke with reporters at San Diego Comic-Con about Oliver's transformation, Malcolm's status and working with Summer Glau. Plus, there's some Firefly chat and discussion about the Lost hatch.
Check out the full Stephen Amell interview video.
Highlights from the interview:
- "It continues to be awesome." on working with John Barrowman. (EP Marc Guggenheim confirmed that John Barrowman will be returning to Arrow.)
- "It's tough to kill Captain Jack."
- Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau) isn't after Oliver, she's "gunning for the Queen family."
- Amell admits that he's never watched Firefly.
- On Summer Glau, "She's awesome and really cool to work with. She's one of those people that you can't stare at for too long because she's so beautiful and her eyes are so big. Yeah, she's great. It's very cool to work with her."
- Tommy's death has a huge influence over Oliver. "...specifically what Tommy thought about Oliver when he died is going to be the lasting imprint -- not just for season 2, but for the series. It fundamentally changes why Oliver does what he does..."
- Shooting Tommy's final scene was the toughest Amell has had to do. He had to learn a Chinese prayer to say after Tommy died, but it was cut out of the episode.
- "There is no more vigilante." The list "is in a drawer."
- He compares the list to Lost's hatch.
- Will Oliver get a mask? Maybe.
- "I don't like the wussification of TV characters." - There will be a "moral realignment," but it will be carefully done. No saving cats.
- He's excited about the partnership with DC.
Arrow season 2 premieres on Wednesday, October 9 at 8 pm ET on the CW
Never miss Arrow! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and video: Carla Day.)