What might happen if you give a mouse a cookie? Author Laura Joffe Numeroff has been answering questions like this in amusing ways since her first children’s book was published in 1985.
“If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” is a classic tale beloved by many kids and caregivers. Illustrated by Felicia Bond, it’s the first in a bestselling series of 15 books that includes other hits like “If You Give a Moose a Muffin” and “If You Give a Pig a Pancake.” Amazon brought the adventures of a mouse and his friends alive on Prime Video in 2015 and continues to release new episodes of the popular show.
Find all the latest info you need to know about the “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” series below.
Where Can You Watch “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”?
The TV series “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” is based on Laura Numeroff’s award-winning book series. It’s rated TV-Y as it’s suitable for all young viewers. “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” is only available to stream on Amazon Prime Video, and it’s free with a Prime membership.
What Is “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” About?
The animated series “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” is about a group of animal friends: Mouse, Pig, Dog, Cat, and Moose. The TV show follows the animals’ adventures and also includes interactions with their favorite humans. As in the books, one thing leads to another when the animals are involved and they have a lot of fun along their journey.
Is “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” a Good Show?
Many kids really enjoy “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” because it’s a fun show that tells stories about a little mouse and his friends. A lot of viewers are already familiar with the book series, so it’s even more special for them to see their favorite characters in action on the small screen.
“If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars from more than 2,600 reviews on Prime Video. The show was also nominated for three Daytime Emmy Awards in 2018: Outstanding Sound Mixing in a Preschool Animated Program, Outstanding Sound Editing in a Preschool Animated Program, and Outstanding Preschool Children’s Animated Series.
About the Characters of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”
There are 10 main characters who appear regularly in the “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” animated series. The animal characters (and those who use their vocal talents to give them a voice) include:
- Mouse (Roger Craig Smith)
- Cat (Lara Jill Miller)
- Dog (Jeff Bennett)
- Pig (Jessica DiCicco)
- Moose (Roger Craig Smith)
The human friends of Mouse and their voice actors include:
- Oliver (Mason Mahay)
- Piper (Kyla Kenedy)
- Henry (Henry Kaufman)
- Leo (Benji Risley)
- Esme Louise (Scarlett Estevez)
Oliver’s mom, voiced by Colleen O’Shaughnessey, is a main recurring character.
How Many “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” Episodes and Seasons Are There?
Even though the series was based on Numeroff’s books, “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” was created, written, and produced by a large group of talent. Executive producers included Felicia Bond, Clint Eland, Laura Numeroff, and Ken Scarborough. The show’s pilot, “Applesauce/Cat And Mouse,” was released on Nov. 4, 2015. The rest of season one wasn’t released until two years later, when episode two aired on Nov. 6, 2017. The series has a total of 50 episodes.
Season 1 Episodes of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”
Aside from the pilot in 2015, “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” season one episodes were released from 2017 to 2019 and included the following:
- “Applesauce/Cat And Mouse”
- “Mouse to the Rescue!/The Amazing Art Chase”
- “The Big Campout/Missing Sock!”
- “Hoopla!/Animal Band”
- “Mouse Minds the Store/Captain Mouse”
- “Town Fair/Beach Day”
- “If You Take a Mouse to School/Cookie Factory”
- “Muffin Party/Arcade”
- “A House for Mouse/Delivery Mouse”
- “Something to Squawk About/Sick Day”
- “Dinosaur Mystery/Inventor Fair”
- “Farm Friends/Picnic”
- “Toy Roundup!/Masked Mouse Mobile”
- “Recycle Races/Change Is Good”
- “Dog’s Day Out/Doggie Day Camp”
- “Treasure Hunt!/A Surprise for Henry”
- “Sledding Adventure/Snowy Sleepover”
- “Mouse Around/Rainy Day”
- “Day at the Museum/Pizza Delivery”
- “Friendaversary/Runaway Robot”
- “Mousey Mail/Lost Sticker”
- “Bowling Bonanza!/Underwater Mouse”
- “Charm Mystery/New Neighbor”
- “Egg Hunt/The Masked Mouse Rides Again”
- “Keeping Cool/Parade Day”
- “Quest for the Cup/Goodnight Mouse”
Season 2 Episodes of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”
The second season of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” was released beginning in 2019 and ending in 2021. Like season one, it also included 24 episodes with two stories per episode:
- “Looking After Lovey/The Old Shell Game”
- “A Space Odd-issy/Stuff-on-a-Stick”
- “Pig Puts on a Show/A Little Pig Pizazz”
- “A Token of Friendship/Robot Rivalry”
- “Hiccup Hutch/Do the Dog”
- “Picnic Express/Safari Express”
- “The Caped Moose/Leo’s Loose Tooth”
- “Dog vs. the Two-Wheeler/If You Give a Dog a Bath”
- “Dinosaurs for a Day/Magical Moose”
- “Snowy the Snowbot/Night at the Museum”
- “Mouse and the Toy Factory/Teacher Appreciation Day”
- “The Quest for the Golden Treasure/Firefighter Mouse”
- “Carnival Time/Summertastic Day”
- “Copydog/Sweet Dreams”
- “Mother’s Day Mouse/If You Give a Mouse a Camera”
- “Cousin Party/Quiet Contest”
- “Sleepover Slip-up/Dancing in Style”
- “The Haunted Toolshed/Backyard Obstacle Course”
- “Piper’s Circus Surprise/Friendship Flower Power”
- “Chalk-Tastrophe/Gell Well, Oliver”
- “Messy Guest/Catchy Tune”
- “Masked Mouse: The Ultimate Challenge/Door-to-Door Dilemma”
- “Super Super Superheroes/Princess-Cowgirl-Pirate Pig”
- “Mouse Day Celebration/Mouse and the Cookiestalk”
“If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” Bonus Episodes
The “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” series also includes three Amazon Originals holiday specials. They’re available to stream through Amazon Prime Video and include:
- A Christmas special: “If You Give a Mouse a Christmas Cookie” (2016)
- A Halloween special: “If You Give a Mouse a Pumpkin” (2019)
- A Valentine’s Day special: “If you Give a Mouse a Valentine’s Cookie” (2020)
Will There Be a Season 3 of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”?
Season two of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” ended in October 2021. Fans of the show and their caregivers are wondering if more episodes will be made available soon. Amazon has yet to announce whether “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” has been renewed for a third season or if it’s been canceled. Given its popularity among audiences, fans are hopeful they’ll get to see more adventures of Mouse and friends soon.
Discover More Amazon Prime TV Series for Kids
If the kids in your life are searching for something new to watch, they might like one or more of these Amazon Original Series:
- “Tumble Leaf”: Join Fig the blue fox as he goes on adventures around the island of Tumble Leaf and learns about science along the way.
- “Creative Galaxy”: Arty the Alien flies around in his spaceship looking for things to bring home and place into his box of ideas so he can use them for fun art projects.
- “The Stinky & Dirty Show”: Two best friends, Stinky the trash truck and Dirty the backhoe, work together to solve problems and challenges.
- “Wishenpoof”: A little girl named Bianca has a special power: She can make wishes come true. She lives in a magical world but crosses over to the regular world to go to school and learn important life lessons.
- “Bookaboo”: Bookaboo is a famous drumming dog who loves to have stories read to him. Celebrity guests bring a book when they visit him and read it aloud for a fun storytime.
Amazon has a lot of great shows and movies for children of all ages to stream on their website or Prime Video app. We also recommend checking out this list of the 20 best Disney movies to watch with kids. It includes classics like the musical “Mary Poppins” (1964) and newer favorites like “Moana” (2016).
Tune In to BuddyTV for the Latest News About TV Series for Kids and More
If you give a mouse a cookie … he’s going to ask for a glass of milk. That’s how Laura Numeroff’s hit book series begins the zany adventures of Mouse and his friend. The TV series uses the books as inspiration but uses creative license to tell even more stories with colorful characters and adventures.
“If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” is a fan-favorite show with plenty of episodes to watch and rewatch as we wait for news of season three. BuddyTV is a top source for all the latest info about popular TV series and movies. Discover more entertainment articles about shows for kids, as well as content for the adults in their lives.
(images courtesy of Amazon)