Now being a “shipper” is a very serious thing. I mean, as your characters fall in love, you do too. 2008 was full of great television relationships. We had to narrow it down to a lucky 20 for BuddyTV users to choose from.
Any shipper fanatic knows their “ship” inside and out. I, for one, will always be a LoVe shipper. That is – Logan and Veronica of Veronica Mars. 2008 saw the development of new ships, the crumble of others, and the long lasting tension of our older ships. Overall, it’s been a great year for most shippers.
The competition will be fierce as there are a lot of fans out there. When we did our “Which One Tree Hill Couple is Best” showdown, Brook and Lucas pulled out the win from underneath Leyton and Naley fans. MiSa (Michael and Sara from Prison Break) fans have been known to be a powerful force.
Then there are the sleepers – the couples that might come from out of nowhere. Ned and Chuck from ou do too. 2008 was full of great television relationships. We had to narrow it do are probably the best star-crossed lovers of the bunch (and I know some other Pushing Daisies fans might disagree). We threw in Spencer and Ashley from a tiny tween show called South of Nowhere simply to give the list some diversity (although we resisted any Degrassi couples).
Not to be biased, but my personal favorite would have to be Robin and Barney from r ships. Overall, it’s been a great year for most shippers.
The competition will . I’m a huge fan of unrequited-yet-not-so-unrequited-because-they-are-perfect-for-one-another love. Especially because we’re supposed to care who the main character Ted ends up with and I couldn’t care less as long as Robin and Barney get their happy ending.
But, the decision is not up to me. It’s up to you guys. So, go at it. Vote away! May the best couple win!
Voting is now over and the winners are:
Michael and Sara from Prison Break
1. Michael & Sara (Prison Break) – 5565 Votes
2. Booth & Brennan (Bones) – 5319 Votes
3. Lucas & Peyton (One Tree Hill) – 4916 Votes
4. Lois & Clark (Smallville) – 4878 Votes
5. Sam & Ruby (Supernatural) – 4861 Votes
6. Chuck & Blair (Gossip Girl) – 4856 Votes
7. Sylar & Elle (Heroes) – 4851 Votes
8. Ned & Chuck (Pushing Daisies) – 4847 Votes
9. Jack & Kate (Lost) – 4846 Votes
10. Nathan & Haley (One Tree Hill) – 4844 Votes
11. Barney & Robin (How I Met Your Mother) – 4840 Votes
12. Danny & Lindsay (CSI: NY) – 4839 Votes
13. Chuck & Sarah (Chuck) – 4836 Votes
14. Jim & Pam (The Office) – 4833 Votes
15. Sawyer & Kate (Lost) – 4806 Votes
16. Callie & Mark (Grey’s Anatomy) – 4732 Votes
17. Dexter & Rita (Dexter) – 4575 Votes
18. Lucas & Brook (One Tree Hill) – 4183 Votes
19. Starr & Dallas (The Amazing Race) – 3722 Votes
20. Spencer & Ashley (South of Nowhere) – 3678 Votes
-Kim Wetter, BuddyTV Staff Columnist
(image courtesy of The CW)