What exactly happened to Mystic Falls in that look into the future at the end of The Vampire Diaries season 6? What’s coming up next for Stefan and Caroline? BuddyTV got the scoop on that and more from Candice Accola at San Diego Comic-Con.
The Vampire Diaries at Comic-Con 2015: How Much Romance Will There Be in Season 7?>>>
Watch the video interview with Candice Accola:
Here are the highlights:
- When The Vampire Diaries season 7 begins, Caroline is going to be “very busy amidst all the chaos.”
- Caroline is “still grieving the death of her mother and trying to get her own life together.”
- She’s trying to keep a friendship with Stefan, but “it will definitely be a little bit more challenging than Caroline anticipated to figure out what kind of ‘ship she has with Stefan, whether it’s a friendship or a relationship,” Accola admitted. “We’re going to see her struggle with being able to play it cool.”
- Caroline will also be involved in the drama with Lily and the heretics, and she has “very fun interactions” with them and the women gathered around Lily. “It kind of reminds me a little bit of when Caroline met Rebekah,” the actress shared.
- Accola had read three scripts at the time of Comic-Con, and you will get to know who the heretics are and their backstory. “There’s definitely puzzle pieces that will come together as we get to know the heretics,” she promised.
- While Caroline and Bonnie are “together in the bigger spectrum of things,” they are focused on taking care of themselves at the beginning of the season. Bonnie is trying to maintain her friendship with Damon, despite the strain on it because of Elena’s life being tethered to her.
- You will see how Mystic Falls got to be where it is at the end of season 6. Accola thinks that that “inevitable demise of Mystic Falls was bound to happen.” You will “get a sense of how Caroline is feelings about that breakdown.”
- She doesn’t think Caroline will put on a badge anytime soon, but Matt will be taking over for Sheriff Forbes. He’s going to be “representing the humans of Mystic Falls.”
- Will Caroline cross over to The Originals? “Not at this point,” Accola said. She doesn’t know if Caroline would want to visit Klaus but knows there are fans that do.
The Vampire Diaries Interview: EP on Playing with Time and Damon in Season 7>>>
The Vampire Diaries season 7 premieres Thursday, October 8 at 8pm on the CW.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)