At the end of Supernatural Season 10, Rowena cast a spell which sent a controlled Castiel (Misha Collins) on a mission to kill Crowley. When the series returns this fall, Cas will still be a in bad way according to Collins.
BuddyTV caught up with him at San Diego Comic-Con to get the scoop on Cas’ fate, Collins’ global scavenger hunt Gishwhes and the Darkness. Check out our video interview below with a special appearance by Mark Sheppard at 1:45.
Highlights from the interview:
- The spell is going to last awhile and it will have a profound impact on him. It will be even more pronunced than the Mark of Cain on Dean.
- “He’s not himself to say the least.”
- Gishwhes will be bigger, better and weirder than ever. NASA will be helping and it will include Supernatural and non-Supernatural items.
- The Darkness was a tale of “Angel bedtime stories.”
- Angels didn’t really think The Darkness was a real thing and believed it was a myth. It’s really ancient and powerful and ominous. It will provide a focused, concrete foe
- At the outset of Season 11, Cas is alienated from the angels due to his dealings with Metatron. He is more with the boys and working with them than dealing with the politics of heaven.
Supernatural Season 11 premieres Wednesday, October 7 at 9pm ET on the CW.
(Image courtesy of WBTV/Video: Carla Day)