How divided will the Mikaelsons be in The Originals season 3? (Hint: Very.) Who are the new characters coming that could potentially mean trouble for the Originals? How will baby Hope fit in to the new season? BuddyTV got the scoop on that and more from executive producer Michael Narducci at San Diego Comic-Con.
The Originals at Comic-Con 2015: A Baby Battle, Flashbacks and Werewolves for Season 3>>>
Watch the video interview with EP Michael Narducci:
Here are a few highlights:
- The family is “as divided as we’ve ever seen them.” Everyone is divided with a “different goal in mind.”
- There’s a “great rift” between Klaus and Elijah, putting them “in a terrible place” because of Gia’s murder and what Klaus did to Hayley.
- Rebekah is gone.
- Freya is “trying to make something out of this family that she’s always wanted to have.”
- Marcel is once again the king of the vampires of New Orleans.
- Davina is regent to the New Orleans covens.
- The first vampires who were ever sired are coming to town, and they have “a definite agenda.”
- Flashbacks will show the first time someone became a vampire and how the Originals learned that was something that could happen.
- One of the big conflicts of the season is how these vampires feel about what the Originals and what should happen to them to prevent their own deaths. “Are they hateful? Angry? Do they want to put them down and bury them in their ocean? Do they want to kill them, thus wiping out another sire line and thus removing some competition?”
- Hope “definitely has a place” in the new season. Klaus and Hayley need to reconcile their conflict because she needs her parents to defend her and just be her parents.
- “For right now, this is going to be a return to a vampire story.”
The Originals season 3 premieres Thursday, October 8 at 9pm on the CW.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)