Survivor returns for season 29 with the familiar “Blood vs. Water” theme in which pairs of loved ones compete, though unlike Survivor: Blood vs. Water, new players will be featured instead of returning castaways. San Juan del Sur sets the stage for this year’s competition where nine pairs of loved ones attempt to outwit each other to become the ultimate Survivor and winner of the $1 million dollar cash prize. The question is: Will these loved ones play together or against each other?
Watch the video below to get a sneak peek at the cast of Survivor: San Juan Del Sur and get an impression of what kind of personalities are in store this season.
Here are the highlights:
- Host Jeff Probst refers to this season’s cast as the most diverse in terms of color, background, lifestyle and points of view.
- Police officer Val and firefighter Jeremy have been married for almost 10 years and are the only married couple this season.
- Jon and Jaclyn are college sweethearts. He used to play professional football while she was Miss Michigan. If they win, they intend to use the money for their wedding, as well as find ways to have a family since she can’t have children.
- Natalie and Nadya are twin sisters who previously participated on the 21st season of The Amazing Race and the second all-star season of The Amazing Race.
- Drew and Alec are brothers. Alec is a student while Drew is a sales rep and model with a crazy lifestyle. He claims that other contestants will be intimidated because of his stature, athletic ability and social ability.
- Dale and Kelley make up the father-daughter tandem this season. He’s a farmer and he’s all about business.
- Josh and Reed are both singers, dancers and actors. They are also gay Christians who happen to be dating.
- Missy and Baylor make up the mother-daughter tandem this season. Missy has been married and divorced three times and her daughter Baylor has witnessed it all, giving her an advantage at reading people and deceivers.
- Wes and Keith are firefighters who love the outdoors. Even though they are father and son, they are both competitive towards each other.
- John and Julie are dating. He’s a former MLB pitcher and she’s ready to throw her boyfriend under the bus if necessary.
Meet the Castaways on Survivor: San Juan del Sur– Blood vs Water>>>
The next clip gives a sneak peek at which few couples had luck making fire after their first day in San Juan del Sur.
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24 at 8pm on CBS.
(Image courtesy of CBS)
Staff Writer, BuddyTV