Ready for more twists on FOX’s Sleepy Hollow? Executive producer Mark Goffman teased that another hopefully “suspenseful” surprise is coming at the mid-season finale during New York Comic-Con when he and Sakina Jaffrey chatted with reporters.
Sleepy Hollow Exclusive Interview: Sakina Jaffrey Says Ichabod and Abbie Need to Show Reyes ‘What They’re Worth’>>>
Check out the video interview with Mark Goffman and Sakina Jaffrey:
Here are a few highlights from the interview:
- Goffman thinks the character of Henry was a “fun” “mastermind” and wanted to do more of that in season 2. “He’s in every one of the first 11 episodes,” he reveals. “Getting to have a character who thinks so far ahead and is so brilliant is a lot of fun to craft and weave into our story.”
- Goffman wanted Ichabod and Abbie to “get a little bit more ahead of the game” in season 2 after season 1 was about catching up to this crazy world.
- “As crazy as it is or became in season 1, it gets crazier and they try to get a jump on that” in Sleepy Hollow season 2.
- Jaffrey says that Reyes thinks she’s taking care of the community and Abbie and Jenny.
- Jaffrey likes “playing these very ballsy women.”
- She praises the hard-working cast and “smart” writers.
- Jaffrey wants the fans to know that her character thinks she’s doing the right thing and she’s on a mission “that has merit” like everyone else is.
- “I think that introducing her as somebody who’s not in that world also gives us an access for the audience,” Goffman explains.
- The fact that Reyes knew Abbie and Jenny’s mother will factor into the rest of the season.
- Will we see any more horsemen of the apocalypse this season? “Two’s a lot,” Goffman says. “So I feel like let’s explore them for a while.” However, remember, “we are ramping towards an apocalypse.”
- Goffman hopes that they surprise viewers “with the way this apocalypse plays out.”
- They came up with Henry’s twist early.
- “We know how [season 2 is] going to end,” the EP promises. “We knew before we started the season, so getting to plan that really helped us lay in these Easter Eggs throughout the season.”
- Goffman teases “another surprise coming at our mid-season finale in December.”
Sleepy Hollow: Ichabod Crane’s Best Quotes About Contemporary Society>>>
Sleepy Hollow season 2 airs Mondays at 9pm on FOX.
(Image and video courtesy of Meredith Jacobs)