On Revolution, the relationship between Tom and Jason Neville has been full of challenges. Do they hate each other? Or, not?
Giancarlo Esposito and JD Pardo spoke with reporters about the complicated relationship between their characters and what to expect in Revolution season 2. Plus, a bonus comment from Esposito about his return appearance on Once Upon a Time season 3.
Check out the full video interviews and highlights.
‘Revolution’ Season 2 Spoilers: It’s a Darker and More Dangerous World>>>
Giancarlo Esposito Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- The second season is “completely different than the first.” The world is unpredictable and people are vulnerable.
- “It’s not that Tom doesn’t like his son. … He’s disappointed.” Jason doesn’t listen and Neville’s “pissed.” “The boy hasn’t gotten it yet.”
- Neville and Jason are thrown together in season 2. The roles could be reversed between the father and son.
- They are thrown into a situation without resources. Tom went from the expectation that he would be the new leader to being a detective. He wants to find out who pushed the button.
- Is there a connection between Randall and the bombings? And, is that connected to the President? Tom is on the trail of finding out the truth.
- Tom “may not want to live. He’s heartbroken.” His wife is missing.
- Tom is in a more vulnerable position. People may like him more. As he gets clues to the story, he’s built back up and the old Tom is still there. It’s about order. He wants what’s right. The old Tom and new Tom will come to some sort of balance. Will it be something great or something disastrous.
- Esposito will be back on Once Upon a Time again in season 3. “I’m excited to go back. I’m excited to be part of a show that’s so different from Revolution.” He likes to work on a variety of projects. He’s “in deep gratitude” to those that allowed him to make another appearance on the show.
‘Revolution’ Interviews: Billy Burke and David Lyons on Changes for Miles and Monroe in Season 2>>>
JD Pardo Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- The first season was about power and the pendants. This season, they are separated and it’s more about learning about the characters. Who they are? What do you do now that you’re not chasing Monroe? It’s about facing life.
- Jason’s mom is missing after the bombs go off.
- Who was behind the power going off and the bombing? Those questions will probably bring the gang all back together again.
- Each character has their own journey. Tom and Jason are together.
- Interesting to see the world have power, lose power, get power and then lose it again.
- Jason hates his dad. Not everyone gets along with their parents, but Tom’s all he has. His mom’s missing. He could be alone or accept his father for who he is. He knows how his dad is and knows he could be hurt again, but it’s worth that chance to stay with him.
- “There’s always room for love.” regarding Jason and Charlie. They are separated right now. If they were still together, it wouldn’t be interesting.
Revolution season 2 premieres on Wednesday, September 25 at 8 pm ET on NBC.
Never miss Revolution! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image courtesy of NBC/ Video: Carla Day)