Prison Break may be on to something. I’ve been watching intermittently for the past two seasons and, although the entertainment level is admittedly high, I haven’t become the rabid fan that legions have. However, taking a glimpse at some possible spoilers for next season, my state has grown far more anticipatory. We’ll get to these possible revelations in a second, but now we have some spoilers for next Monday’s brand-new episode, entitled “Fin Del Camino”.
For those non-Spanish speakers out there, “Fin Del Camino” means “end of the road”. The episode isn’t exactly the end of the road; there’s one more episode afterwards. The spoilers below do shed some light about how the title correlates to the action. After the spoilers, I’m going to discuss the possible season 3 spoiler that has me so damn excited.
Episode 2.21: Fin Del Camino
Airdate: March 26, 2007
- Michael is determined to stop T-Bag’s reign of terror; Lincoln and Mahone square off; Sucre races against time to help Bellick; Sarah faces hard time; and Kellerman decides his end game. Guest Cast: Tina Holmes as Kristine Pace; Callie Thorne as Pam Mahone. Source: FOX
- Sara will eventually be captured and sent to trial for helping the guys escape in the Season 1 finale. Her lawyer suggests that she accepts to serve 12 years in prison. Not helping Sara’s case is that fact that she is the only one they have in custody as Michael and Lincoln are still on the run. Source: TV Squad
- When Sara is about to go in the courtroom, plead guilty and go to prison for 12 years, a supposedly credible witness comes forward and is ready to spills out a LOT of beans! Will it be enough to save Sara? Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
- There will be a twist during Sara’s trial. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
- Sara is in court where she is on trial. Her senior counsel, a man named Marty Gregg, wants to use a tape as evidence but the prosecutor objects as he claims that it is the propaganda tape Michael and Lincoln released to the press and that it was debunked. The lawyer tries to desperately have this tape play as it will exonerate Sara. Will Sara pay for having left the door unlocked and helping Michael and Lincoln in the last few weeks? Source: SpoilerFix.com
There has been rampant speculation regarding the direction Prison Break would venture in their third season. The biggest rumblings had Michael heading back to prison next year and though this would take the show back to its roots, it always sounded redundant. What appeal is there to a replay of season 1?
With the South of the Border direction Prison Break has taken lately, some fans may have already guessed the answer. It seems like Michael will, in fact, head back to jail, but not in the US: he’s going to be imprisoned somewhere in Central America.
This is a great idea. The corruption that is prevalent in those prisons is a great stage for drama and, if you add to that the gang life and consumer infrastructure that also occurs, season three could be Prison Break’s best yet.
If you want an in-depth look at one of these Latin prisons, check out a book called “Marching Powder”. It was written by an Australian dude that befriended an English drug runner who was imprisoned in La Paz, Bolivia. How did he befriend this prisoner? While visiting the jail and staying overnight in his cell for weeks on end.
It’s a surreal look at the absurd corruption within the La Paz prison. There’s a full-fledged economy and infrastructure among prisoners. There are restaurants and general stores inside the gates, run by the prisoners. All prisoners have to buy their own apartments in one of the vastly different prison neighborhoods. Not only that, the prison has become La Paz’s number one cocaine producer.
Give it a shot if you have the time. Great book. If Prison Break delves into that sort of territory next year, I’m immediately on board.
-Oscar Dahl, BuddyTV Senior Writer