Is the telephone too old-fashioned for you? Tired of racking up minutes while desperately trying to vote for your favorite So You Think You Can Dance performers? Do you feel the need to incorporate Facebook into every facet of your life?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you’re in luck. So You Think You Can Dance will institute online voting for the first time in season 8.
According to a press release from FOX, voters will now be able to vote online up to 50 times each week. There is something of a process involved in this voting, which will hopefully keep the hackers and over-voters at bay. Add to this the unlimited number of phone and text votes available, and there will be an awful lot of voting on So You Think You Can Dance this year.
For those of you who don’t like to figure out Internet processes as you go, here is a breakdown of how the voting works:
- Visit the official website, www.fox.com/dance as soon as the live show ends.
- Click the “VOTE” button.
- Follow the directions.
- At some point, you’ll have to log into Facebook, probably because nothing in the universe can happen without Facebook involvement these days.
- Choose your favorite couple.
- Answer one of those super-annoying verification questions.
- Submit your choice.
- Try to avoid posting your every vote on your Facebook wall (None of your friends care. Seriously.).
And repeat. 49 more times.
In order to place a vote online, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Facebook account
- Make sure that Facebook account is registered in the United States, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands (sorry Guam)
- Have the capability of using the Internet successfully
Assuming you can handle all of that, the exciting and rapidly-expanding world of Internet voting waits for you throughout season 8 of So You Think You Can Dance!
Or just pick up the phone. Whatever.
Want more So You Think You Can Dance scoop? Check out our SYTYCD Insider page on Facebook.
Will you be voting online for So You Think You Can Dance? Do you think this will change the outcome of the contest significantly? Share your opinions below!
(Image courtesy of FOX)