How will the Charming family deal with Emma going dark in Once Upon a Time season 5? What’s coming up with Camelot? Who’s keeping the dagger? That’s what BuddyTV set out to find out at San Diego Comic-Con from Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin.
Once Upon a Time Interview: Jennifer Morrison and Colin O’Donoghue Tease the Dark Swan>>>
Watch the video interview with Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin:
Here are the highlights:
- The Charmings are “not dealing well” with Emma going dark, Goodwin shared, adding that “responsibility needs to be taken” because of the role the Charmings played with the “questionable lengths” they went to in order to try to keep her from going dark.
- Goodwin thinks that the Charmings have “held people to impossible standards” that no one can live up to” and have “some making up to do.”
- “It’s going to be even harder to get Emma back than if they weren’t such hypocrites really,” according to Goodwin.
- Dallas echoed Goodwin’s thoughts on the Charmings. “They’ve done some terrible things. They try so hard, and they put goodness on such a pedestal. It’s a hard thing to live up to, so I think you’re going to see them probably calm down a little bit about that and maybe even go to some questionable lengths to get Emma back to the savior that she once was.”
- Dallas compared the Charmings’ actions to being a parent. “You don’t want your kids to screw up like you do. …So you want to try to protect them, and sometimes you can go too far. Sometimes you can push them a little too much.”
- “You’re definitely going to see Charming have a big bromance and bro-out with King Arthur and go on some adventures,” Dallas teased. “We’re going to see Charming at his most heroic.”
- Who keeps the dagger is a discussion. “That is absolutely addressed immediately,” Goodwin teased.
- Should it be the Charmings? They don’t think it would be a good idea. “I don’t know that I would trust us with it,” Goodwin admitted.
- Season 5 will address the “caveats in how and when you can control the Dark One through the dagger.”
Princess Merida from Brave is Coming to Once Upon a Time Season 5>>>
Once Upon a Time season 5 premieres Sunday, September 27 at 8pm on ABC.
(Image/video: Meredith Jacobs)
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV
If it’s on TV — especially if it’s a procedural or superhero show — chances are Meredith watches it. She has a love for all things fiction, starting from a young age with ER and The X-Files on the small screen and the Nancy Drew books. Arrow kicked off the Arrowverse and her true passion for all things heroes. She’s enjoyed getting into the minds of serial killers since Criminal Minds, so it should be no surprise that her latest obsession is Prodigal Son.