If you’ve ever dreamed of finding love abroad, you’ve undoubtedly heard of the show “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days.” The reality TV series follows couples who have received or are applying for a K-1 visa — an immigration visa for foreign fiances of American citizens. One condition of the visa is that the couple must tie the knot within 90 days of getting it, creating the kind of pressure that makes for non-scripted TV gold.
Everything You Need to Know About “90 Day: The Single Life” This Season
“90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” is one of the many spinoff series of TLC’s “90 Day” franchise (another fan-favorite is “90 Day: The Single Life”). In this case, the show follows couples who have met through the internet but have yet to begin the K-1 visa process.
Read on to learn more about the popular show (which has already run five seasons), including details about the cast members, full episode highlights, and info on where to watch.
Where Can You Watch “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days?”
“Before the 90 Days” is a TLC show. However, if you don’t have regular cable, you can still catch it through a range of providers. Here are some of your main options for watching full episodes:
- Philo: This streaming provider lets you watch TLC live online.
- Sling TV: You can access TLC through Sling.
- Hulu: Hulu + Live TV includes TLC.
- fuboTV: On top of sports, fuboTV offers cable channels like TLC.
- DIRECTV Stream: Instead of regular cable, opt for this streaming service.
- YouTube TV: TLC also has its own YouTube TV channel.
- Amazon Prime: If you’re a Prime video member, you should have access.
- Xfinity Stream: This streaming provider likewise offers TLC.
- Discovery+: Here’s yet another streaming provider that provides TLC (and many other cable favorites).
What Is “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” About?
“90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” follows couples who live in different countries and are preparing to start the K-1 visa process. Each season follows long-distance couples who have nurtured a romantic relationship online — but have yet to meet in person. The storyline usually follows the American in the relationship as they travel to their partner’s home country to meet for the first time.
Once they meet, the couple must decide whether they want to continue their relationship and try for the K-1 visa — or call it quits. Each season focuses on six to seven main couples. In later seasons, you’ll see couples from earlier seasons reappear, giving you the chance to see how their relationships are developing (or crashing).
How Many Seasons of “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” Are There?
The first season of “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” aired on TLC, premiering on Aug. 6, 2017. Since then, the popular spinoff has gone on to air four more seasons, making five seasons in total. The fifth season premiered on Dec. 12, 2021, at 8 p.m. EST on TLC.
Who Are the Couples in “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” Season 1?
Season one of “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” focuses on six main couples:
- Patrick & Myriam: Patrick leaves his native U.S. to meet Myriam in her homeland of France.
- Cortney & Antonio: American Cortney heads to Spain to meet Antonio.
- Sean & Abby: U.S. citizen Sean meets his girlfriend Abby in her native Haiti.
- Larry & Jenny: American citizen Larry heads to the Philippines to meet his online girlfriend Jenny.
- Darcey & Jesse: Connecticut native Darcey travels to the Netherlands to meet Jesse Meester.
- Paul & Karine: Paul is from Kentucky and travels to Brazil to meet Karine.
Most Notable Season 1 Moments
Highlights from season one include Paul and Karine struggling with a language barrier, Myriam worrying about a secret she’s keeping from Patrick, and Sean dealing with critical questions from Abby’s parents. Darcey and Jesse have to struggle with an age gap, while Cortney stresses over Antonio’s womanizing. Other dramatic highlights include worries about STDs and pregnancy tests to concerns about one castmate’s questionable past.
Who Are the Couples in “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” Season 2?
The main couples in season two of “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” are:
- Tarik & Hazel: Virginian Tarik flies to the Philippines to meet Hazel.
- Rachel & Jon: New Mexico native Rachel meets her beau, Jon Walters, in England.
- Ricky & Ximena: American Ricky makes the trek to Colombia to meet his girlfriend Ximena.
- Angela & Michael: Georgia peach Angela Deem heads to Nigeria to meet Michael.
- Darcey & Jesse: American Darcey and Dutch Jesse from season one return.
- Paul & Karine: American Paul and Brazilian Karine likewise reappear from season one.
Most Notable Season 2 Moments
Season two doesn’t disappoint. Rachel has a baby girl from a previous relationship and Jon has to adapt to the new role of dad. Meanwhile, Angela puts her Nigeria trip on pause before finally meeting Michael. Tarik’s brother questions Hazel’s motives, while Ricky keeps an unwelcome secret from Ximena — and Marta runs into issues with immigration.
Who Are the Couples in “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” Season 3?
The third season of “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” zeroes in on seven couples:
- Benjamin & Akinyi: American Benjamin travels to Kenya to meet Akinyi.
- Avery & Omar: Ohio native Avery meets her boyfriend Omar from Syria for the first time.
- Rebecca & Zied: Rebecca from Georgia leaves the U.S. to meet Tunisian Zied.
- Timothy & Jeniffer: U.S. citizen Timothy travels to Colombia to meet Jeniffer.
- Caesar & Maria: Caesar from North Carolina goes to Ukraine to meet Maria in person.
- Angela & Michael: Angela and Michael from season two make a comeback in the third season.
- Darcey & Tom: American Darcey from seasons one and two also returns for season three, but with a new partner: Tom from the U.K.
Most Notable Season 3 Moments
Season three sees Caesar going to meet his dream woman — after talking to her for a full five years online. Meanwhile, Timothy finds himself in a love triangle, and Rebecca is keeping secrets from her Tunisian boyfriend. Avery struggles to visit her boyfriend who is living in a warzone. As usual, most of the couples face skepticism from their significant other’s family members — such as Ben who must win over Akinyi’s overprotective brother.
Who Are the Couples in “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” Season 4?
Season four of “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” features eight main couples:
- Ed & Rosemarie: San Diego native ‘Big Ed’ heads to the Philippines to meet Rosemarie.
- Stephanie & Erika: U.S. citizen Stephanie Matto, originally from the Czech Republic, heads to Australia to meet Erika.
- Avery & Ash: Avery leaves Washington and travels to Australia to meet Ash.
- Yolanda & Williams: Yolanda from Nevada goes to England to meet Williams.
- Lisa & Usman: Lisa Hamme from Pennsylvania heads to Nigeria to meet Usman.
- David & Lana: David from Nevada travels to Ukraine to meet Lana.
- Geoffrey & Varya: Tennessee native Geoffrey Paschel meets his girlfriend Varya in Russia.
- Darcey & Tom: American Darcey and U.K. Tom from season three join the new couples in this season.
Most Notable Season 4 Moments
Season four sees Darcey and Tom hit rough waters, as she struggles to understand his mixed messages. Yolanda has confusing conversations with Williams, while Avery struggles to get her parents’ approval, and Geoffrey experiences hurdles in Russia. Stephanie puts her health on the line to travel to Australia, while ‘Big Ed’ questions Rose’s motives. Doubt inspires Yolanda to investigate Williams and Usman must ask for his mother’s blessing.
Who Are the Couples in “90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” Season 5?
“Before the 90 Days” season five highlights seven couples:
- Kim & Usman: Kim leaves San Diego to meet Nigerian Usman “Sojaboy” Umar.
- Caleb & Alina: Arizona native Caleb heads to Russia to meet Alina Kozhevnikova.
- Gino & Jasmine: Michigan local Gino travels to Panama City to meet Jasmine.
- Memphis & Hamza: Memphis from Michigan meets her Tunisian beau Hamza.
- Mike & Ximena: New Yorker Mike Berk goes to Colombia to meet Ximena.
- Ella & Johnny: American Ella meets Johnny from China.
- Ben & Mahogany: U.S. citizen Ben travels to Peru to meet Mahogany.
Most Notable Season 5 Moments
Season five introduces many new couples, and they are just as full of drama as those in the previous seasons! Caleb and Alina meet for the first time after 13 years. Memphis keeps secrets about an ex, while Jasmine struggles with jealousy. Meanwhile, Mike’s friends cast doubt on Ximena’s intentions, and Caleb doesn’t see eye to eye with Alina’s best friends. This season also gets more intimate — pillow talk reveals Memphis isn’t happy with Hamza in the bedroom, for example.
Stay Up to Date With Your Favorite Movies and Shows on BuddyTV
“90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days” is a juggernaut that has survived five seasons already — and will likely continue due to its popularity. Stay up to date on this show with BuddyTV. You can get news about the newest characters and upcoming seasons so you’re never left out of the loop.