The crowd gathered for the Chuck panel on Saturday morning was treated to a Lady Gaga concert. The only thing missing was Lady Gaga herself. Decked out in red leather jackets and army pants, Jeffster! belted out their own Nerd Herd rendition of “Bad Romance.” Cue the crowd going crazy. After the song, the rest of the cast came out on stage, tossed t-shirts to the fans, and eventually got down to business.
The panel included Zachary Levi (Charles “Chuck” Bartowski), Adam Baldwin (Colonel John Casey), Joshua Gomez (Morgan Grimes), Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah Walker), Sarah Lancaster (Dr. Eleanor “Ellie” Bartowski-Woodcomb), Ryan McPartlin (Dr. Devon “Captain Awesome” Woodcomb), Vik Sahay (Lester Patel), Scott Krinsky (Jeff Barnes), Mark Christopher Lawrence (Michael “Big Mike” Tucker), and executive producers Chris Fedak Josh Schwartz. Adam Sepinwall and Daniel Feinberg moderated.
Sadly the panel time ran short and there was no time for audience questions, but here are few notes from the discussion:
- The search for Chuck’s mom will be a big part in the upcoming season
- Chuck and Morgan will be paired up as the comedically bad spy team
- Linda Hamilton will be portraying Chuck’s mom. There’s already plenty of excitement on the set over this, and viewers will see a glimpse of her in episode one
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will be one of this season’s guest stars
- Yvonne hopes that Sarah (“who has been smiling more”) will have more comedic moments this season
The cast–as well as the producers–also hinted at the undeniable chemistry between Chuck and Sarah, saying “we’ve learned some things. Viewers will be very happy.” How’s that for cryptic?
Check out more of this weekend’s Comic-Con panels by following BuddyTV on Twitter