The Angels have fallen to earth when Supernatural season 9 begins and that's just the beginning of the story. The upcoming season appears to have a twist so big that fans will have to read between the lines to try and figure out what's coming next.
Executive Producer Jeremy Carver spoke with reporters during San Diego Comic-Con about the Winchester brothers' future, a coming battle, and returning characters, including Bobby Singer.
Check out the full interview video below.
Highlights from the interview:
- "We have some pretty surprising stuff coming down the pike that pretty much everyone here is sworn to secrecy." - Wow. Could season 9 be a big shift in story?
- There is something missing from the presentation and the interviews. And, he says, "It's not nice."
- The result of Sam and Dean's "love hug" will be "a lot of fallout." No one in Heaven and no King of Hell in Hell.
- Dean is shouldering some decisions that will drive some of the mythology. It's personal for the brothers. "It's a heavy weight for Dean to bear." (Check out our interview with Jared Padalecki for more on what Carver could have been talking about.)
- Carver thinks that Abaddon is "one of the more fun Demons" introduced in a while. With the current circumstances he expects that someone like Abaddon would make a run at Hell.
- Recurring characters that will be back: Charlie and Kevin.
- Kevin has "earned his way into the family."
- Sheriff Mills did not die. She'll be showing back up.
- Bobby (Jim Beaver) will have an unexpected and "very powerful arrival."
- Carver wants to fans to know that Bobby's return will make sense, "It's very much keeping with our lore and mythology and we're not breaking a boatload of rules to bring back a favorite character."
- Carver wouldn't confirm that Bobby's return is in the present day.
Supernatural season 9 will premiere on October 8 at 9 pm ET on the CW.
(Image and video: Carla Day)