When Supernatural Season 10 premieres, Sam will be in a desperate search for his brother, but he's not the only one looking for Dean. Jared Padalecki sat down and spoke with reporters at San Diego Comic-Con about Sam's journey and the new character of Cole next season.
Sam's going to be tested in an entirely new way in Supernatural Season 10. He's human and he'll push himself to new levels due to Demon Dean.
"We've seen Sam do a lot. We've seen Dean do a lot. We've seen Demon Sam and Soulless Sam do a lot, but now we see fully human Sam doing things to other fully humans that we wouldn't expect," said Padalecki.
"You certainly will no longer doubt Sam's loyalty and commitment to getting his brother better. But we do tease morals and ethics and how far one can go before they become a monster themselves. We tease that more this season than we've done any seasons prior."
Check out the full video interview and more highlights below.
Highlights from the interview:
- Cole and Sam will cross paths "very early on."
- Cole is from the Winchester brothers' past, but they don't realize that. Sam runs into Cole before Dean does, but "isn't sure how these guys know each other."
- Sam discourages Cole from looking for Dean, because he knows his brother's a demon now.
- Cole's "a cool character."
- "The idea is that Cole was 10 years old back in Season 1 or 2 and kinda witnessed something and now here he is." It's something fun they can do because the show's going into Season 10.
- Sam's level of dedication and commitment to fixing his problem will be similar to how he was in Season 3's "Mystery's Spot."
- "We see Sam's unabashed dedication to the task at hand. Which is nice because that's usually Dean."
Supernatural Season 10 premieres Tuesday, October 7 at 9pm ET on the CW.
(Image/Video: Carla Day)