Our movie recommendation this week is Brad Pitt's epic zombie film, World War Z
. With a trailer packed with powerful images like zombies that seem impervious to anything, the collapse of multiple governments and a horde of zombies running around a small child, we're excited to see what this summer flick has to offer.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Here is the official synopsis of the film from Fandago:
Brad Pitt stars as an ex-United Nations employee racing around the globe in a bid to halt a worldwide zombie pandemic in Marc Forster's sprawling adaptation of Max Brooks' bestselling novel of the same name. Gerry Lane (Pitt) and his family were sitting in what appeared to be a typical traffic jam when helicopters began to circle ominously overhead. In the blink of an eye the streets were consumed by chaos. When Gerry learns that the catalyst for the turmoil is a highly contagious virus that transforms normal people into rampaging maniacs, and that legions of the infected are growing on all continents, he agrees to join his former colleagues in discovering the source of the rampant plague, and prevent it from bringing about the downfall of humanity.
Check out the film's exciting preview:
Here are a few highlights from the trailer that have us excited to see the film:
- The little girl asking "Daddy, what's marshal law?"
- The sight of an entire city running through the streets.
- "How do we know if they're coming?" - "They're coming. Ready?" - This part alone had us on edge.
- Seeing the destruction in cities all over the world.
- Important historical documents being marched through the streets (presumably to get them to safety).
- Watching the population loss grow by the millions in just a few seconds.
- Zombies, zombies everywhere - making themselves into a moving mountain and taking down a helicopter.
- What looks like a child covering his ears and somehow making the zombies go around him.
- The scene on the plane. That is all.
In less than 3 minutes, the preview for World War Z definitely managed to grab out attention and get us interested in seeing the film. If the movie is half as good as its preview, it should make for a fun experience in the theater. TV fans will also recognize Matthew Fox from Lost in the film.
(Image courtesy of Paramount)