It's only a few short weeks until The Avengers
A-team comes roaring onto the small screen. In Joss Whedon's comic book TV series, a bunch of Marvel misfits form together to keep things in check while the superheroes save the day.
Chloe Bennet plays Skye, a new recruit in the S.H.I.E.L.D. club house. Brett Dalton, meanwhile, plays Grant Ward, an established member of the organization. What happens when their characters have to work together? We've got a few weeks before we find out, but it looks like the chemistry between Bennet and Dalton might be a lot more laid-back than their characters based on their camaraderie at San Diego Comic Con.
At the convention Bennet and Dalton answered reporters' burning questions about their character and the new buzzy series.
Check out the full interview below:
Highlights from the interview:
- One of the publicists handed the stars water bottles with the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo. They really went all out, although Dalton was disappointed there were no dots between H2O.
- Skye is a computer hacker and activist or "hacktivist." She mixes things up a bit since she's a rogue character.
- Meanwhile Grant is a skilled Swiss army knife, but he's not great at working in a team environment. He's good at everything but people skills.
- The two characters challenge each other, which will bring really interesting chemistry, drama, and even maybe romance!
- Dalton still has the voicemail saved from when he learned he was cast in the show.
- Each character has so much individual backstory and is such a complex, interesting character according to Bennet.
- Grant has a respect for leadership so he respects Coulson, even if they don't always see eye to eye.
- Skye is a mysterious character with her own agenda. Chloe Bennet says she doesn't know that much about her character because the writers are playing it really tight-lipped.
- We'll be seeing little pieces of the character's past unfold throughout the course of the season.
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres September 24 at 8pm ET on ABC.
(Image and video: Morgan Glennon)