Late last week, a list of contestants for the new season of Dancing with the Stars
was leaked. This morning on ABC's Good Morning America
, Tom Bergeron revealed the official Dancing with the Stars
season 7 cast, and it turns out the list wasn't quite complete. Also announced were the professional dancers, including some new pros who aren't so new if you're also a fan of So You Think You Can Dance
The name not revealed on last week's spoiler list was celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito, the frequent judge on Top Chef
who was once named one of People's Sexiest Men Alive. More important for those fans who love the professional dancers, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
is back after taking last season off. Bergeron also announced details of the premiere week and the professionals paired with all the celebrities.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
On the first week of Dancing with the Stars
, all 13 couples will dance on the premiere, September 22 at 8pm. One pair will be eliminated on Tuesday's show and the remaining 12 will dance again, with a second pair being eliminated on Wednesday. Bergeron also revealed that Wednesday results show will include musical performances by Jesse McCartney and the Jonas Brothers.
Now onto the list, which includes 12 names you already knew, and the new one with Rocco. There are also the partner assignments, including some new faces who might not be so new.
Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer
– Perhaps even more important than another member of *NSYNC being on the show is that Dancing with the Stars
has poached So You Think You Can Dance
finalist Lacey Schwimmer, who will make her first appearance as a pro dancer this season.
Rocco DiSpirito and Karina Smirnoff
– The celebrity chef is the one name not leaked last week, and he replaces Mark McGrath from that list. I guess Karina didn't want to dance with another musician after being with Mario
and Billy Ray Cyrus
Misty May-Treanor and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
– The Olympic beach volleyball star, just back from Beijing, will dance with returning fan favorite Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
Maurice Greene and Cheryl Burke
– The one-time “world's fastest man,” he certainly has a good shot with two-time Dancing with the Stars
winner Cheryl Burke.
Toni Braxton and Alec Mazo
– The beloved musician will dance with Edyta's husband in his fourth season on the show.
Kim Kardashian and Mark Ballas
– The Keeping Up with the Kardashians
star will be putting her rather sizable rear end to good use on the dance floor. There was a bit of controversy as last night Kim cut her foot, though she said she'll be ready to dance for the premiere.
Cody Linley and Julianne Hough
– The Hannah Montana
star is the youngest contestant ever at just 18-years-old. He'll be paired with the equally youthful Julianne Hough, prompting Bergeron to joke that it's the first time she gets to play the role of the older woman.
Cloris Leachman and Corky Ballas
– Speaking of older women, the most senior Dancing with the Stars contestant ever is Cloris Leachman, the 82-year-old 9-time Emmy winner. Age continues to be a theme with her partner, newcomer Corky Ballas, who is Mark's father and former trainer of the Houghs.
Ted McGinley and Inna Brayer
– The TV icon who has an unfair reputation for killing shows will be paired with one of the new professionals this season, Inna Brayer. She was once the professional partner of Maksim's brother, Valentin.
Brooke Burke and Derek Hough
– A TV host and overall beautiful woman, she takes on the token “hot chick” role on the show usually reserved for professional models. Joined with Hough, this should be one of the hotter teams on the dance floor.
Jeffrey Ross and Edyta Sliwinska
– The stand-up comic well known as the host of many celebrity roasts will be paired with Edyta Sliwinska, returning for her seventh straight time (and it looks like she won't be winning again). She is also the only professional dancer to appear every year.
Warren Sapp and Kym Johnson
– The football great and Super Bowl champion will be dancing with Kym Johnson. This is her first athlete in five seasons.
Susan Lucci and Tony Dovolani
– The veteran soap star was long been a desired contestant for the producers, and on Good Morning America
she revealed that talking to fellow soap actor and former contestant Cameron Mathison
is what ultimately changed her mind. She's paired with Tony Dovolani, who is familiar pairing with a mature actress, as he danced with Jane Seymour
Season 7o of Dancing with the Stars
premieres Monday, September 22 at 8pm.
-John Kubicek, BuddyTV Senior Writer
(Image courtesy of ABC)