It's not every day that a beloved cult show like the Sci Fi Channel's Battlestar Galactica
gets mainstream media exposure. Sure, the actors might pop up on the covers of popular magazines every once in a while, but that's the kind of thing that's easily ignored by the masses who aren't already hooked on the series. This lack of mainstream recognition is just one reason why it was so exciting when the Battlestar Galactica
cast appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman
last night. Edward James Olmos
, Mary McDonnell
, and other BSG
actors showed up to present Dave's famous Top 10 list. The topic? "The Top 10 Reasons to Watch the New Season of Battlestar Galactica
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
The interesting thing about the top 10 list is that it was actually delivered by the actors in character. Instead of Jamie Bamber
and Katee Sackhoff
delivering one liners, we get Lee Adama and Kara Thrace making jokes. It's a little strange, and the top 10 list isn't exactly brilliant, but I'm still happy to see a great show get this kind of exposure. Now let's get the entire cast on Saturday Night Live
or The Daily Show
to spread the word.
Here is the transcript of the Top 10 list. You can also check out the video below.
10. (Chief Tyrol) In the dramatic season opening episode, we save 15% by switching our insurance to Geico.
9. (D'Anna Biers) You'll find out what's in the hatch and who gets off the island -- crap, wrong show.
8. (Gaius Baltar) My character creates a line of "Honey Roasted Space Nuts."
7. (Boomer) What else are you gonna do, read a book?
6. (Number Six) There's a good chance you'll see me naked.
5. (Colonel Tigh) There's a good chance you'll see me naked.
4. (Lee Adama) New FTL drives will allow the Colonial fleet to better adjust to gravitational variations and achieve maximum superluminal travel to outrun the pursuing Cylon basestars -- I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.
3. (Starbuck) We engage in a life-and-death battle against evil robots...You know, same s*** as last year.
2. (Laura Roslin) I take on the most challenging task of my political career -- doing a lame Top Ten list on a third rate talk show.
1. (William Adama) Watch me lead us into war against the Cylons without an exit strategy.
- Don Williams, BuddyTV Staff Columnist
Video Source: YouTube
(Image courtesy of the Sci Fi Channel)