If you’re looking for your next fabulous reality tv show to binge-watch, look no further than “My Big Fat Fabulous Life.” This TLC fan-favorite show follows dancer Whitney Way Thore after her video, “Fat Girl Dancing,” went viral. You can watch “My Big Fat Fabulous Life” on TLC Go through your cable provider or on Discovery+, Hulu Premium, and Roku with subscriptions. You can also purchase seasons and episodes through Amazon Prime Video and Apple TV.
Beginning in 2015, “My Big Fat Fabulous Life” just finished its ninth season, meaning there is plenty of show to watch. With all nine seasons available online, it is perfect for binging on a rainy day or taking it episode by episode until the new season. First-time watchers and long-time fans can catch the newest episodes on TLC on Tuesdays starting in August 2022.
About “My Big Fat Fabulous Life”
This reality show follows Whitney Way Thore as she navigates changes in her life. Whitney is a dancer, business owner, and body-positive icon. After gaining 200 lbs in one year, and hitting a top weight of 380 lbs, Whitney was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. PCOS is a hormonal disorder that causes significant weight gain.
Despite the major changes, Whitney chose to embrace her new body instead of choosing to hate it. So, she started pursuing her dreams in a world that body shames, offers weight loss advice, and judges others solely on their size. She is a big girl with big plans. Since then, she has shared with fans her ups, her downs, her relationships, and her inspiring personality.
Since season one, Whitney has taken adventure, made new friends, had a few suitors, and lived her best life. She has promoted body positivity, self-love, and acceptance online — including launching the #NoBodyShameCampaign.
She continues to dance. Recently, she launched her own business with her business partner, Jessica Powell, called No BS Active. However, as success happens in one part of Whitney’s life, things begin to fall apart in others as she recently called it quits with Chase Severino.
What Happened to Whitney on “My Big Fat Fabulous Life” Season 9?
Whitney started off season nine with a bang. Not only did she move back to her home of Greensboro, North Carolina to be closer to her family, but she also moved in with long-time friend Buddy Bell. Preoccupied with his new girlfriend, Buddy doesn’t have too much time to spend with Whitney. Bummed about her friend ignoring her, she finds other ways to fill her time.
Enter the French man. While taking online French lessons, Whitney began a flirty relationship with her tutor, a man who lives in France. Eventually this flirting developed into a full-on long-distance relationship. While keeping his identity secret to fans, Whitney and the French man go on virtual dates and end up building a relationship over the course of the season.
Not everyone is on board with her new man. Many of Whitney’s friends worry about her sudden infatuation with the French man. They wonder if Whitney can handle another long-distance relationship so soon after her breakup with Chase. This is especially true after he stands Whitney up during a friend’s trip to Maine. However, despite low moments, canceled dates, pandemic restrictions, and personal doubts, Whitney continues her relationship.
Outside her love life, Whitney makes some big life decisions during season nine. Not only does her business take a big step forward, preparing to launch the No BS Active app, but she also has a big falling out with Ashley over her future with the business. Whitney takes a personal step forward too. Looking to the future, she chooses to freeze her eggs in the hopes of becoming a mother later down the road. What’s more, she and Todd have a terrible birthday.
Season nine ends with a cliffhanger. Whitney takes her love life into her own hands and purchases a one-way ticket to Paris. In the last episode, Whitney says goodbye to Babs and Glenn at the airport and heads off to France. She is ready to meet her French man in person and see where life takes her.
Where Is Whitney Now?
Since the season finale of “My Big Fat Fabulous Life,” Whitney has shared news about her life on her social media. She didn’t want to leave fans hanging for too long and announced that she had spent six weeks in Paris, fallen in love, and was in a relationship with her French man. His identity is still a secret to keep away any hate from fans or any online drama.
Whitney also announced the official launch of the No BS Active app back in November. Fans can keep up with the reality star on her social media where she posts about her travels, life, and behind the scene footage from the show.
Is TLC Bringing Back “My Big Fat Fabulous Life?”
The Season 10 premiere date for “My Big Fat Fabulous Life” is August 9th, 2022 on TLC. The network has not announced any details about Season 10 yet.
However, Whitney did post a celebratory wrap video of some of the crew members dancing on her Instagram. She thanked her crew for being along with her on her journey for the last nine seasons.
View this post on Instagram
How to Watch “My Big Fat Fabulous Life” on Hulu Premium
If you want to watch “My Big Fat Fabulous Life” on Hulu, signing up is easy. Simply head to the website. From there, all you have to do is choose the best plan for you, sign up, and start streaming. With so many choices, here is a breakdown of the plans, their prices, and the benefits of each.
- Hulu: This plan costs $6.99 per month. This plan gives you access to Hulu’s streaming library, including Hulu Originals, TV shows, and movies. This plan supports ads.
- Hulu (No Ads): This plan costs $12.99 per month. This plan offers the same choice as the Hulu plan, except there are no ads. Also, you can download titles to watch offline.
- Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+: This plan costs $13.99 per month. Stream shows and movies from both Hulu and Disney+ with the added bonus of live sports with ESPN+ on Hulu. This plan does support ads on Hulu.
- Hulu (No Ads), Disney+, and ESPN+: This plan costs $19.99 per month. With the same options as the previous plan, you can watch live sports or stream shows and movies from Hulu and Disney+. This plan does not support ads on Hulu.
- Hulu + Live TV, Disney+, and ESPN+: This plan costs $69.99 per month. Offering access to the Hulu streaming library, Disney+, and live sports with ESPN+, this plan also comes with live TV. With no cable required, you can watch local news, sports, and shows live, as well as store recordings for up to 9 months. This plan does support ads on Hulu, including live TV.
- Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV, Disney+, and ESPN +: This plan costs $75.99 per month. This plan gives you ad-free access to Hulu’s streaming library, Disney +, live sports with ESPN+, and live local television.
- Add-ons: Costs for these vary. When you subscribe to any of the Hulu plans, you can add on premium channels. Options include HBO Max, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz. Hulu also offers network add-ons and gives you access to a variety of other channels. Network add-ons include the Sports Add-on, Entertainment Add-on, and Espanol Add-on.
Discover More About Your Favorite Movies and Shows on BuddyTV
To keep up with “My Big Fat Fabulous Life” and all your favorite shows and movies, check out the latest news and content on BuddyTV. It’s the perfect companion for fans of reality television and shows such as “90 Day Fiance: Before the 90 Days,” “1000-lb Sisters,” and “Little People, Big World.”