The Tomorrow People introduced a world that includes a population of humans that have evolved to have special skills. These “Tomorrow People” are hunted by a government organization, Ultra, that believes these superhumans are a threat to society.
Luke Mitchell plays the leader of the Tomorrow People, John. I recently visited the show’s Vancouver set. Mitchell sat down with reporters to discuss about his character including John’s relationships with Ultra’s leader Jedikah, Stephen, and Cara.
[Video] ‘The Tomorrow People’ Sneak Peek: A Glimpse into the War Against Ultra>>>
Luke Mitchell Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- On John and Jedikah’s relationship: “Interesting, intriguing relationship that is alluded to a lot, but you never really understand the full depth of it” until later in the season.
- John is a “flawed leader, a reluctant leader, a complicated leader.”
- He’s doing the best he can, but he’s not the best person for the job.
- John and Stephen’s relationship is up and down. “It’s pretty tense … they butt heads a lot.”
- Their individual relationships with Cara complicate the situation.
- Cara’s telepathic connection to Stephen “frustrates John a lot.”
- There are a lot of fight scenes. “We get thrown into the deep end with these fight scenes.”
- The stunt team come up with the fight scene and film it. Luke then sees the video on an iPad the day before.
- They have to learn separate sections of the choreography. Sometimes, he’s fighting people with superpowers and other times it’s people with guns.
The Tomorrow People airs on Wednesdays at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss The Tomorrow People! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image courtesy of the CW – Video: Carla Day.)