Person of Interest season 3 brings a new era of The Machine. It’s missing and free, which will stress out Finch. Meanwhile, at the police department Carter’s been demoted and Fusco will be on his own to deal with his HR issues.
Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, and Kevin Chapman spoke with journalists this summer about what to expect in season 3, plus the difficulties of working with Bear.
Check out the video interviews and highlights.
‘Person of Interest’ Interview: EPs Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman on the Missing Machine and Mysterious New Entity>>>
Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- Emerson jokes about how the actors don’t get scripts early and sometimes they only get the scripts the night before.
- Caviezel compliments Emerson’s ability to learn his lines.
- The Simpsons is Caviezel’s favorite show.
- Emerson says there’s no way to prepare for the scenes with Bear except to know his lines very well. The dog is distracting. It’s difficult to get the lines right while “wrestling with a wiggly animal” that goes out of frame or tries to get food from his pocket.
- The pockets of his suits are “all powdered with dog treat residues.”
- Caviezel comments that when people see Michael they ask “Where’s Bear?” and when they see him they ask “Where’s Finch?”
- The missing machine will be troubling to Mr. Finch. He doesn’t know where the machine is but he’ll know what the inclinations of it will be.
- Finch hasn’t had control over the machine since he “locked it up and put it away.”
‘Person of Interest’ Interview: Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi on Their Expanded Roles in Season 3>>>
Kevin Chapman Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- Fusco will continue to have problems with HR.
- “Fusco has a sense of duality. Is he a good guy doing bad things or is he a bad guy doing good things.”
- He’s not going to be able to escape his past.
- He’s lucky that Carter bailed him out at the end of season 2.
- He was originally working against Fitch and Reese, but he realized they were doing good.
- There will be a strain in the relationship between Fusco and Carter with her being knocked back down to uniform status.
- She’ll have to go Fusco for information that she doesn’t have access to anymore which also makes her more vulnerable
- Chapman pitched the idea of Fusco going on a date to Executive Producer Greg Plageman. He originally suggested that his date be a mole for HR, but when the original date happened fans all latched on to the idea that she was a mole.
- Greg called Kevin and said, “Dude, that was a great idea, but the fans just killed ya.”
- The potential girlfriend may come back, but there’s so much going on the show. There may not be room or time for it.
- With the NSA surveillance information that’s come out, Chapman says they should rename the show, “Real Housewives of Interest.”
- When Chapman is recognized for his roles on Brotherhood or Mystic River people are “apprehensive” to talk to him.
Person of Interest season 3 premieres on Tuesday, September 24 at 10 pm ET on CBS.
Never miss Person of Interest! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image courtesy of CBS/Videos: Carla Day.)