Things are not going to be hunky dory for Felix and Sarah in Orphan Black Season 4 due to circumstances out of their control. That will leave Felix palling around with other sestras, as well as, someone else. BuddyTV caught up with Jordan Gavaris at last month’s Wondercon to get the scoop on what’s next for Felix and how Season 4 will return the series to its roots and mysteries of Season 1.
Orphan Black Interview: Creators on Going Back to Move Forward, Delphine and New Clones >>>
Check out the video interview with Jordan Gavaris and the highlights below.
Highlights from the interview:
- Felix will be digesting what it means that Sarah now has a family connection through Kendall Malone. Felix and Sarah bonded over being orphans and outsiders, which has been taken away from him now.
- Sarah’s life is more complex and she’s less concerned with Felix this season. She has bigger things to worry about now. The pair aren’t doing well.
- We’ve believed their connection as siblings, but the other side of family is they fight and it’s vicious. It’s uncomfortable.
- Felix will be spending time with other sisters and he’ll also spend time with someone who is not a sister.
- The storylines are less fragmented in Season 4 and are more contained. This season is more like Season 1 and more scary than Season 2 and 3. It will get back to the mystery like there was in the first season and Sarah will drive the story.
- Felix has a scene with a “very funny” clone that has hijinks, but Gavaris won’t say which clone.
- Felix evolves this season and we will find out more about his back story and learn something new about him.
- Gavaris wanted a love interest for Felix, but he doesn’t think Felix needs to be in a relationship to be happy. He got everything he needed from Sarah until now.
- The military element of Castor was explored and closed last season, but Ari Millen will be back.
- “It’s fair to say we get a little bit of Krystal and I think it would be logical that we would find Felix and Krystal together. … It’s a great pairing.”
Orphan Black Season 4 premieres Thursday, April 14 at 10pm ET on BBC America.
(Image courtesy of BBCA)
Slideshow’Orphan Black’: The 18 Most Shocking Moments from Season 3