The Once Upon a Time showdown between the Wicked Witch and the Evil Queen is upon us. That’s not all! The show will be returning to Oz and there’s the birth of a royal baby still to come.
This weekend at Wondercon, Executive Producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis and star Rebecca Mader spoke with reporters about what’s happened so far this season and what’s coming up.
Check out their video interviews and highlights.
‘Once Upon a Time’ 16 Wicked Deeds and Hard Truths from ‘Bleeding Through’>>>
Executive Producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis Interview
- They wanted to go somewhere different with Neverland, but came back to Storybrooke because people missed it. Now allows them to explore Storybrooke, “There’s no place like home.”
- The story is grounded in Storybrooke.
- Chewbacca: would like to have him show up. Also, Mr. Tod.
- They wanted to do Ariel and it took 2 years to find the right place to bring her in.
- Frozen is their favorite movie of the year. “It’s in their wheelhouse.” They would love to bring Frozen in at some point.
- Will Star Wars characters ever show up on the show? “Probably not.” They do have obscure shout outs in the series.
- They choose the characters that show up based on the story they want to tell.
- On the season finale, “It is a 2-hour movie.”
- “You have no idea where you’re going.”
- “We think we’re giving the fans something they’ve always wanted, but didn’t realize.”
- Coming up: Flashbacks to show Snow, Charming and the year that past. Gets into the baby and why. Charming struggles with missing out on Emma’s life and it’s emotional.
- Regina and Robin have more coming up. The story is would Regina ever let someone in other than Henry.
- “There’s a lovely spirit of optimism in the character of Belle and I think it would take a lot to snuff that out.” on possibility of a happy ending for Belle and Gold.
‘Once Upon a Time’: Is Dorothy the Key to Zelena’s Spell?>>>
Rebecca Mader Interview
- “I might kiss somebody.” When the pictures came out, fans were upset on Twitter.
- Her favorite moment so far is when Zelena says, “That’s a shame.” as Bae’s dying. And, then she says, “Oops.”
- Most fun she’s had playing a character in her career.
- It takes an hour and a half just to put on the green make-up. There are 6 layers of make-up. She had to get her own make-up trailer because it was so smelly.
- “It’s been so juicy.” on the battle between the Evil Queen and the Wicked Witch.
- “Villians don’t get a happy ending.” At least that’s what Rumple has said. She hopes a happy ending is possible.
- She believes the Wicked Witch can be redeemed and brought into the group. There’s a reason she’s gone through the journey she has.
- She loves being on Twitter with the fans and the support she’s gotten from them. She’s gotten support from Wizard of Oz fans too.
- In 320, they return to Oz. Glinda shows up. It’s like OUAT in Oz.
- “It’s a bit sick isn’t it? After her baby.”
- Joining the Once Upon a Time cast was great. It was a relief to join a show that’s already a hit
- “I think anything’s possible. ‘Cause I’m wicked and wicked always wins.”
Once Upon a Time airs Sundays at 8 pm ET on ABC.
(Image and video: Carla Day)