Barbara is officially on the side of the villains in Gotham season 2, but what’s going on with her and the Galavan siblings? They’re all using each other, based on what Erin Richards and Jessica Lucas shared at New York Comic-Con.
Gotham Recap: Galavan’s True Identity is Revealed>>>
Watch the video interview with Gotham stars Jessica Lucas and Erin Richards:
Here are a few highlights:
- “This season, she’s just been kind of released into the world,” Richards said of her character, likening her to a baby lizard. “She’s just cracked out of an egg, and she’s kind of evil and she’s cold-blooded a little bit but she’s also wondering what’s happening in this new world and excited to play within it, within her darkness. You just see that playing out throughout the season.”
- Richards knew from the start that there was a darker place coming, but she didn’t know she was going to kill her parents.
- “You should question” Tabitha’s motives, according to Lucas. “I don’t know if you’re going to find out until the midway point of the season what her deal is.”
- There’s a lot of jealousy, and Lucas compared Barbara to “a toy [Theo and Tabitha are] batting back and forth between [them].”
- According to Richards, from Barbara’s point of view, she’s using both Galavan siblings in different ways. She senses their weaknesses and the weaknesses that may divide them and uses those elements to get what she wants.
Gotham season 2 airs Mondays at 8pm on FOX.
(Image courtesy of FOX; Video: Meredith Jacobs)