Before season 12 of The Amazing Race began filming, BuddyTV got the chance to talk to the contestants, creator and host of the show to get their thoughts on what was to come. Check back all this week as we unveil our exclusive video interviews of the 11 brand new teams.
Nicolas and Donald, the grandfather/grandson duo from the Midwest, are ready to show the world that they have what it takes to compete for the $1 million on The Amazing Race 12 which airs Sunday, November 4. BuddyTV sat down with Nicolas and Donald for an exclusive video interview at CBS Television City to learn more about them and their strategy going into this Race. Watch the full video interview below.
– Nicolas and Donald thought that doing the Race together would be a great opportunity for them to build their relationship and spend quality time together.
– Nicolas actually submitted a video to apply for the Race when he was 21 but wasn’t selected at the time. The producers called them back this year and gave them a spot on this season.
– Donald wants to prove that he can compete with the younger competitors even though he is probably the oldest competitor to ever be on the show.
– Nicolas looks forward to an amazing experience with his grandfather.
– Their plan is to rely on themselves and keep unlucky incidents away from them. Their strategy is to really pay attention to what they are doing, and rely on themselves, and not form alliances with other contestants. They will work hard to stay focused and never give up.
– Considering Donald is a lot older than the other competitors, he joined the health club and has been working out extensively to get himself in the best possible physical shape.
– When asked what would be most upsetting to them, they said that it would be really upsetting if another team pulled a U-Turn on them and/or create drama between them that isn’t necessary.
– Their goal is to never give up and never get too complacent with what they are doing. They want to keep pushing ahead.
– Donald would want to buy a ’69 Camaro with the money they win. Nicolas said he’d take his friends to an all inclusive vacation.
– No matter what happens, Nicolas and Donald hope to keep a positive attitude. But at the end of the day it is a game, and they will do whatever they can to win, within the rules of course.
Check out our other exclusive video interviews for The Amazing Race 12:
Creator Bertram van Munster
Lorena and Jason
Ronald and Christina
Azaria and Hendeka
Kynt and Vyxsin
Kate and Pat
Ari and Staella
TK and Rachel
Shana and Jennifer
Marianna and Julia
Host Phil Keoghan
– Interview conducted by Royce Yuen
(Image courtesy of CBS)