Morgan has gone rogue, and nobody is happy.
At the end of the last episode, “Chuck vs. the Bearded Bandit,” we were treated to the shocking sight of Morgan Grimes turning on his best friend in order to go work for the competition, Gertrude Verbanski. Why did Morgan do it? What’s going on with the new Intersect? Is the Chuck-Morgan friendship over? A couple of videos released by NBC give the beginnings of answers to those questions.
Want to know more about the Evil Morgan? Check out an interview with Josh Gomez on the issue.
The first video is a general promo for “Chuck vs. the Frosted Tips.” It does not seem like Morgan’s defection from Carmichael Industries goes unnoticed for long. Check it out below:
An awful lot happens in the video, but here are some of the highlights:
- Why exactly is Casey watching footage of Morgan in Verbanski’s office? Could John Casey possibly be spying on his crush, Gertrude?
- Some men might be able to get away with frosted tips. Morgan is not one of those men.
- It’s interesting that, even with the Intersect, Morgan fails to take down Chuck in hand-to-hand combat. The same cannot be said for the crowd of minions surrounding the former friends.
- It is the Intersect that’s malfunctioning — not just Morgan’s ego.
- You’ve got to love Sarah’s retro-flight attendant cap. It’s like Pan Am invaded Chuck…
- Morgan with a gun! Explosions! Is there any way this can end well?
The second video shows a single scene from “Chuck vs. the Frosted Tips.” And it doesn’t look like Chuck is taking the news of Morgan’s betrayal very well:
You know I can almost believe that Morgan grew a Tom Selleck mustache in grade 7. I can definitely believe that that ability would turn Morgan into a horrible person. But how do you metaphorically pants someone?
Want more Chuck scoop? Check out our Chuck Ultimate Fan Page on Facebook.
Episode 3 of Chuck season 5, “Chuck vs. the Frosted Tips,” airs on Friday, November 11 at 8pm.
(Image and videos courtesy of NBC)