Well hey Ms. Carter! If you’re a fan of the Marvel universe, or just a fan of boss ladies kicking butt, then you’re probably waiting on the edge of your seat for the return of Marvel’s Agent Carter.
Talking to showrunners Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, and Chris Dingess, it seems like there’s plenty to be excited about. From new romance to a whole new attitude, Peggy Carter is changing more than her scenery in season two.
We were lucky enough to sit down with the showrunners at San Diego Comic Con to try to pry some dirt about what trouble Peggy is going to stir up in the show’s second season. Watch the interview below:
- The question is how nerve-wracking was it that Agent Carter wasn’t renewed until the last minute? They say that you get used to it because that’s what the industry is, and yet they were really hoping the show would be renewed because they enjoy working on it and it’s a great group of people.
- Was it ever the situation that if the proposed Agents of SHIELD spinoff (centered around Bobbi and Hunter) went forward, Agent Carter wouldn’t be renewed? They had heard about the spinoff but they never felt like it was an “us or them” situation.
- They’ve learned not to pay too much attention to rumors, at least for their own mental health.
- At the panel they teased that Peggy might get some action in her love life in the upcoming season. “There’s a new one and a familiar one,” they confirm. “It’s complicated.”
- Will we meet Peggy’s future husband this season? “I can honestly say I don’t know.”
- We’re going to see a little bit of a different Peggy. She’s found herself in her work, she’s developing new relationships, she doesn’t have to hide anymore. She somewhat gains the respect of the people she works with so she’s not as concerned about that anymore.
- “I think her attitude is different.”
- Will we see the starting of SHIELD? Not so much, but we might start to hear about why that happened.
Quiz: Which Marvel’s Agent Carter Character Are You?>>>
Are you excited to finally have Agent Carter back? What familiar face will be complicating Peggy’s love life? Sound off in the comments!
Agent Carter season 2 airs Tuesdays at 9pm EST on ABC.
(Photo and video courtesy of Morgan Glennon)