Mark Sheppard, the son of actor W. Morgan Sheppard, was born in London. He began performing at age 15, when he worked as a session musician, performing alongside Robyn Hitchcock and Television Personalities. His music career took a back seat when he moved to the United States.
Sheppard has also dabbled on stage and film. He has received acclaim for his performance on the American production of Cock and Bull Story. His film credits include the romantic comedy Lover's Knot, and the thrillers Unstoppable and Netherworld, the latter of which also features his father.
Sheppard is perhaps best known for his television work, however. While he only worked as a regular in one series - the action series Soldier of Fortune Inc. - he is best known for his memorable characters in shows such as Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica, Leverage, Firefly, Bionic Woman, 24 and, most recently, Warehouse 13.
- In The Name Of The Father (1993)
- Lover's Knot (1996)
- Nether World (1997)
- Out of the Cold (1999)
- Lady in the Box (2001)
- New Alcatraz (2001)
- Evil Eyes (2004)
- Unstoppable (2004)
- Broken (2006)
- Soldier of Fortune Inc. (regular, 1997-1998)
- Firefly (recurring, 2002)
- 24 (recurring, 2006)
- Bionic Woman (recurring, 2007)
- Battlestar Galactica (recurring, 2007-2009)
- Leverage (recurring, 2008-2010)
- Warehouse 13 (recurring, 2009-2010)
- Supernatural (recurring, 2009-2010)
- Chuck (recurring, 2010)
- Dollhouse (recurring, 2009)
- Doctor Who (recurring, 2011)