So Elena is a vampire now. Fair enough. But how is the heroine of The Vampire Diaries going to cope when she actually has to be a vampire? We will find out in the next TVD episode, "Memorial." Check out these two videos and spoilers for a preview of the episode.
WARNING: There are Vampire Diaries spoilers in this article. In both the videos and in the commentary, you can expect to learn stuff about the next episode. That's just how it works, OK?
The first of the two videos is a general promo for "Memorial." Having seen the episode -- which is, by the way, one of the best yet -- I can say that this truly does capture the spirit of this next installment of The Vampire Diaries
What are we seeing in this promo video for "Memorial"?
- Elena and Stefan are leaving so she can learn about feeding without actually killing people. Damon, as you can tell from the video, is not a huge fan of this plan.
- Yes, Elena and Stefan get it on in the woods. Unfortunately for the lovebirds, the moment ends in a rather unpleasant fashion.
- That funky liquid at about the 9-second mark? It's blood.
- There is a very good reason as to why Elena is drinking Damon's blood. And yes, Stefan punching Damon later in the video is related to this incident.
- Tyler has a rather important role to play in Memorial.
- Elena lunges at a tied and gagged girl. Will she kill this person?
- Elena has blood all over her in the last scene shown. The explanation for this is more complicated than you might think. It's also messier.
The second of the videos from "Memorial" shows Stefan and Elena in the woods, preparing for her first feeding time.
fans. The deer is indeed meant to be lunch.
This video gives us the basis of the main Salvatore disagreement for "Memorial." Stefan wants Elena to survive on nothing but animal blood. The theory is that she will never have to kill and therefore will never have to suffer the crushing guilt of doing so. Damon disagrees with this -- he thinks she needs to have human blood and get the worst out of the way.
Which brother is correct? We get at least part of an answer before the end of "Memorial."
Want more? You'll probably have to wait until the next Vampire Diaries
episode, "Memorial," airs on Thursday, October 18 at 8pm on The CW.(Images and video courtesy of The CW)