The Tomorrow People introduced a world that includes a population of humans that have evolved to have special skills. These "Tomorrow People" are hunted by a government organization, Ultra, that believes these superhumans are a threat to society.
Luke Mitchell plays the leader of the Tomorrow People, John. I recently visited the show's Vancouver set. Mitchell sat down with reporters to discuss about his character including John's relationships with Ultra's leader Jedikah, Stephen, and Cara.
Luke Mitchell Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- On John and Jedikah's relationship: "Interesting, intriguing relationship that is alluded to a lot, but you never really understand the full depth of it" until later in the season.
- John is a "flawed leader, a reluctant leader, a complicated leader."
- He's doing the best he can, but he's not the best person for the job.
- John and Stephen's relationship is up and down. "It's pretty tense ... they butt heads a lot."
- Their individual relationships with Cara complicate the situation.
- Cara's telepathic connection to Stephen "frustrates John a lot."
- There are a lot of fight scenes. "We get thrown into the deep end with these fight scenes."
- The stunt team come up with the fight scene and film it. Luke then sees the video on an iPad the day before.
- They have to learn separate sections of the choreography. Sometimes, he's fighting people with superpowers and other times it's people with guns.
The Tomorrow People airs on Wednesdays at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss The Tomorrow People! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image courtesy of the CW - Video: Carla Day.)