Before season 12 of The Amazing Race began filming, BuddyTV got the chance to talk to the contestants, creator and host of the show to get their thoughts on what was to come. Check back all this week as we unveil our exclusive video interviews of the 11 brand new teams.
Lorena and Jason
, contestants on The Amazing Race 12
, both admit that their dating relationship has been in turmoil the past several years and are willing to put their relationship to the ultimate test by seeing if they have what it takes to withstand the pressures of traveling the world in under 30 days. BuddyTV sat down with Lorena and Jason for an exclusive interview at CBS Television City in Los Angeles prior to the Race where they explained what motivated them to embark on The Amazing Race
and what they are hoping to accomplish through it all. Watch the full video interview below.
- Lorena and Jason, who have been living together for 3 years, admit their relationship has been on the rocks and they hope that doing this race together will help them overcome many of the issues they are facing and put their relationship to the test.
- They thought that traveling the world and hanging out with each other in hopes of winning $1 million dollars sounded like a great idea and a lot of fun.
- Their motto: “Don’t be last. Stay calm and have a blast.”
- Lorena has done a lot of traveling but hopes to be able to visit places and islands that she has never been before.
- Lorena speaks Spanish, French, Italian, and a little bit of Portuguese that she thinks will help them in their travels. Jason doesn’t know any other languages.
- Their strategy is to stay off of people’s radars. They don’t care about being popular on TV, they just want to stay quiet, and hit people hard at the end. At the end of the game, they want to win.
- They know not to trust anyone because everyone is out for their own good.
- When the going gets tough, Lorena and Jason hope to say calm, don’t give up, and keep going and continue moving forward.
- When asked what they will do with the $1 million dollars if they win, they said they plan to invest the money wisely, purchase a house, and then use the rest to travel and see the world.
Check out our other exclusive video interviews for The Amazing Race 12:
Creator Bertram van Munster
Nicolas and Donald
Ronald and Christina
Azaria and Hendeka
Kynt and Vyxsin
Jennifer and Nathan
Kate and Pat
Ari and Staella
TK and Rachel
Shana and Jennifer
Marianna and Julia
Host Phil Keoghan
- Interview conducted by Royce Yuen
(Image courtesy of CBS)