If you like daydreaming about dating your favorite TV characters, then you're not alone. After all, TV Land might just be the best place to find that perfect hunk, whether you're looking for someone who will knock you off your feet with grand romantic gestures, a knight in shining armor who will rescue you from serial killers or that special friend with benefits. We asked and you answered the call for your favorite TV boyfriends. Here's who made the short list: Dean and Sam Winchester
- These hunters from Supernatural
don't just save the world from demons, zombies and ghosts, they also give women lots of reasons to watch, whether it's their drop dead gorgeous looks, witty attitude or their unique brotherly bond.
- No one really likes to be in a relationship with a cranky, old doctor who loves nothing more than to pick on people and mock their weaknesses. But most women would make an exception for Dr. Gregory House, who manages to still be charming in spite of all that.Eric Northman
- Bad boys always drive women crazy and Eric Northman from True Blood
is no different. Women just can't seem to resist this sinister vampire, despite the health risks, thanks to his killer looks and sex appeal.
- Sense of humor seems to be a quality most women are looking for in a man. That's why it didn't come as a surprise when Friends
resident funny man, Chandler Bing, made this list.
- Tony DiNozzo may be the NCIS
resident playboy, but his reputation precedes him. Not only is he smart and funny, he also has an endearing knack for the arts. Damon Salvatore
- It's no wonder why women want to sink their teeth into Damon Salvatore of The Vampire Diaries
. This 170-year-old vampire is the coolest and most charming creature that ever graced Mystic Falls. He may be brooding with rage, but deep inside he's just a hopeless romantic who would do anything for love. Michael Scofield
- Nothing is sexier than a man who will do anything for love and family. Prison Break
's Michael Scofield appears to have it all--brains, brawn and the most captivating gaze you've ever seen. Sawyer
- A snarky attitude and a colorful criminal past haven't stopped women from all over from falling for this Lost
anti-hero. And why wouldn't they? Sawyer is enthralling, sexy and self-sacrificing, making him the perfect companion on a desert island.Don Draper
- Mad Men
's Don Draper is brilliant, and he knows it. He is definitely flawed and infinitely conflicted, but that just draws people into him. The archetype of a bygone era of chivalry and manliness, Draper is earnest in his desire to be a family man. That he fails most of the time is beside the point--and a small detail most women are willing to overlook.
- He may be the best thing that happened to sunglasses, or not. The head honcho at CSI: Miami
has trademarked the fine act of spewing one-liners while putting on his sunglasses.
- Fame, ambiguity and wittiness are just some of the reasons that make Richard Castle a good catch. This best-selling author may have an odd fascination for criminals and morbid murder stories, but he also has the ability to make women feel special by making them the subject of his books.
- Besides having superpowers, there are plenty of reasons why Smallville
's Clark Kent made this list. He's noble, respectful and hard-working, and has a drop-dead gorgeous body--qualities that almost every damsel in distress is looking for.
- He is the quintessential dark brooding guy with the cynical sense of humor and the jerk-y attitude. But who else can talk about the paranormal stuff better than him? The kiss he planted on Dana Scully was easily one of the most anticipated in television history.Jack Donaghy
- 30 Rock
's Jack Donaghy is notorious not just for his odd, backhanded compliments and staunch Republican leanings, but for the long list of celebrities he has dated, including Condoleezza Rice, Beyonce, Martha Stewart, Katie Couric and Carla Bruni.Stefan Salvatore
- Looks easily fade but not for the Vampire Diaries
' Stefan Salvatore, who doesn't look a day older than a century. But his beauty goes beyond skin deep. He's also a compassionate person who would do anything for love, even if it means killing his own brother.
- Law and Order: SVU
's Detective Stabler is great at what he does: 97 percent case closure rate. Maybe even too good sometimes, since his dedication can turn into obsession. He often takes cases personally, which can cloud his judgment.
- A baseball fan who can quote Shakespeare on a whim, Gil Grissom is also an entomologist in addition to a wide array of interests that help him in his day job as CSI
's night shift supervisor in Las Vegas. When his character was replaced Laurence Fishburne's Raymond Langston, CSI
's ratings drastically dropped. McDreamy
-A hot neurosurgeon: what more could a girll want? He can get a bit uptight at times, but at his best, Derek Shepherd is funny, smart and romantic.
- You want intensity? You can't get more intense than Robert Goren. This NYPD detective is so imposing both psychologically and physically that suspects just unravel before him. Known for his unique ability to size up suspects and pick apart the details of their crimes, Goren is peerless when it comes to doing his job.
- Desmond, who has been stuck on the island three years prior to the Oceanic Flight 815 crash, has been well-received by fans for his passionate persona and his very likable facade, not to mention his unusual relationship with the nature of time. And though he may come up with a convenient excuse just to put off his fears of marriage, he remains to be one of Lost
's most delicious eye candy.
- For Saving Grace
fans, Ham Dewey takes the spot for TV's best leading man. He's not exactly bursting with personality, but he's compassionate, good-hearted and definitely has what it takes to keep women glued to the TV screens.
- Not all dashing bachelors are relatable but Coach Taylor keeps it real, and that's exactly what makes him an ideal TV boyfriend. He may not always know the right things to say, but he's got a big heart and lots of love to offer, whether it's for the Dillon High School football team, his family or his town. Nathan Scott
- Not all women can tame a wild beast but One Tree Hill
proved it can be done with Nathan Scott. He's the typical jock with excellent basketball skills and a nasty heartthrob reputation, but all that changed once he found the right girl. It turns out he's a pretty good guy, not to mention an amazing father.
- Women already have a hard time focusing on anything else on Supernatural
with Sam and Dean around, but Castiel still manages to steal a few hearts with his sexy, gravely voice and pretty blue eyes. It also helps that this trench coat-wearing angel has a cool, kick-ass storyline that many just fans can't get enough of.
Don't see your TV boyfriends here? Share your thoughts in the comments below or find out who your TV boyfriend is by taking this quiz
(Image courtesy of The CW, NBC, ABC, FOX, HBO)