Hosted by comedian Tiffany Haddish, “Kids Say The Darndest Things” is a rollicking and unscripted American comedy Television series featuring three to 14-year-old kids.
You can binge-watch seasons one and two on CBS and Amazon Prime Video. Season one has 12 episodes, and season two is packed with eight episodes hilarious enough to keep the audience members in stitches.
Unfortunately, the show has not been released on Netflix yet, but BuddyTV will keep you updated if and when that changes.
This article discusses what the show is about, its amazing hosts, and if season three will be released anytime soon.
About “Kids Say the Darndest Things”
Reimagined, revived, and really funny, “Kids Say The Darndest Things” is a classic show presented by Tiffany Haddish. Based on its timeless format, Tiffany showcases her unmatched comedic talents and interacts with real kids from across the country.
This reboot version is eccentric and amusing. It’s a real joy to witness Tiffany having unrehearsed talks with kids and learning about their raw, innocent, and unfiltered opinions and perspectives about various topics — including families, religion, and the government. It really is surprising to hear some of the worldly or outlandish things that can come from the mouths of babes.
There are two books based on the title “Kids Say The Darndest Things,” one by original host Bill Cosby and the other by Art Linkletter. The latter is currently in stock and can be purchased on Amazon. Here’s a synopsis of the episodes (eps) across both seasons.
- Episode one: Titled “You’re Famous, but You Ain’t All That,” in this episode, a bunch of upcoming rock princesses inquires about Tiffany’s friendship with one of their beloved musicians. The show ends with Tiffany convincing kids to record a commercial for a counterfeit product.
- Episode two: Titled “Taylor Swift Is My Friend,” in this episode, we see a seven-year-old who runs a ball-cleaning business, a three-year-old who does makeup, and a ten-year-old who helps Tiffany be on good terms with her boyfriend.
- Episode three: Titled “Dad, Plug Your Ears!” This episode features an aspiring comic: a seven-year-old chatterbox. Tiffany requests one of the kids to terminate one of her staff members, and some kids from Harlem teach Tiffany how to play double dutch.
- Episode four: Titled “Stick It to ‘Em.” This episode features a set of reserved siblings and a pianist who hails from Okinawa, Japan. Additionally, three girls provide Tiffany with tips about what to seek in a boyfriend.
- Episode five: Titled “Marriage Seems Like a Huge Commitment.” In this episode, a bunch of youngsters talk about love at first sight, and a seven-year-old puts on an act and speaks a variety of languages. We also get to witness a young kid surfer who loves crabs and is quite protective of them.
- Episode six: Titled “You’ve Been Lying to Your Momma?” In this episode, kids flaunt off their peppy dance moves.
- Episode seven: Titled “Turkey in Space.” It’s a thanksgiving theme, where the youngsters hurriedly gift wrap all that’s left from Thanksgiving, as well as a live turkey. An eight-year-old helps Tiffany pitch cool movie plots to Jack McBrayer.
- Episode eight: Titled “Could I Have $20, Dad?” In this episode, kids discuss the positives and negatives of having siblings. Tiffany goes on carpool duty and finds herself in a not-so-nice scenario involving the police.
- Episode nine: Titled “Santa’s Got a Six Pack.” In this episode, children discuss their most favored holiday traditions.
- Episode ten: Titled “She’s Totally Not Ready.” In this episode, a team of bold and sassy girls gives their two cents on dealing with boys.
- Episode eleven: Titled “A Thousand Thumbs Up!” In this episode, a teen food pundit hops on a culinary adventure, kids teach Tiffany how to eat pizza the right way, and she plays one-on-one with a talented chess player. Additionally, a budding entomologist exhibits her fascinating cockroach collection.
- Episode twelve: Titled “My Work Is Done.” In this finale episode, Tiffany recaps the funniest moments of the entire season.
- Episode one: Titled “Wigging Out; The Kids Price Is Always Right.” In this episode, the kids and host go to the set of “The Price Is Right” to play exciting pricing games with the famous Drew Carey.
- Episode two: Titled “Love Chat; Double Trouble.” In this episode, an eight-year-old gives interesting relationship advice.
- Episode three: Titled “World’s Oldest Third Grader; Sugar Rush.” In this episode, we see a teenager with a unique name, Tiffany, and the kids attempt to explain taxes, and the children sing songs by Tom Jones and Nat King Cole.
- Episode four: Titled “The Biggest Mystery of Life; Like and Subscribe.” In this episode, Tiffany chats with a talented set of quadruplets.
- Episode five: Titled “The Not So Late Show; The Kids Testament.” In this episode, a 10-year-old introduces Tiffany to his reptile pals and orates some amusing facts about them.
- Episode six: Titled “Smell Ya Later; Jitter Bug.” In this episode, Tiffany requests the kids to join her for a perfume commercial, and an eight-year-old kid flaunts his insect collection.
- Episode seven: Titled “Handy Haddish; Dancing With Elephants.” In this episode, Tiffany is joined by cute twins who help her with a modeling gig, and a nine-year-old impresses her with his excellent piano skills.
- Episode eight: Titled “Hatchet Man; FBI Junior Agent.” In this episode, a group of skilled violinists gives a jaw-dropping performance.
How Long has “Kids Say the Darndest Things” Been Around?
The series commenced as a feature on Art Linkletter’s radio show and TV series “Art Linkletter’s House Party.” It aired five days per week from the year 1945 to 1969. “Kids Say The Darndest Things” was first aired on CBS from 1998 to 2000 and was hosted by Bill Cosby.
The series was finally revived on ABC from October 6, 2019, to January 19, 2020. However, ABC canceled the revival after season one. Afterward, the revival shifted to its original network CBS, and season two finally aired from May 5 to June 23, 2021. To date, only two seasons have been released.
About the Hosts of “Kids Say the Darndest Things”
“Kids Say The Darndest Things” has had two incredible hosts since its release back in 1998: Bill Cosby and Tiffany Haddish. Let’s take a look.
About Host Bill Cosby
The rib-tickling comedy series was originally hosted by Bill Cosby. Born on July 12, 1937, Bill is an American-based actor, stand-up comedian, and author.
About Host Tiffany Haddish
Born on December 3, 1979, Tiffany Sara Cornilia Haddish is a popular American actress and stand-up comedian. Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018, and she was listed amongst the 100 most powerful people in entertainment by Hollywood Reporter in 2018 and 2019.
When asked about the smartest thing a child has ever said to her in the show, she said, “There was this young man that knew everything there was to know about dinosaurs and whales. He knew how many vertebrates — he knew all that. And then I started talking about bacteria and stuff, and he started naming them, and I was, like, ‘Oh.’ And I think he was six. Then he started talking about the planets, too.”
Will There Be a Season 3 Of “Kids Say the Darndest Things” On CBS?
To date, there has been no official announcement by CBS regarding season three of “Kids Say the Darndest Things.” However, BuddyTV will update you when an official statement is released. Sign up for the BuddyTVs newsletter today!
Discover More About Your Favorite Movies and Shows on BuddyTV
When you are looking for information about popular movies, TV shows, and actors, BuddyTV has you covered. We are always ramping up our resources on fun-filled content for kids, along with other titles like “Kids Baking Championship,” “Craig of the Creek,” “The Substitute,” and “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.”
Discover detailed profiles on the show’s hosts and season-wide reviews. Learn about when a new season premieres and explore detailed analysis. BuddyTV is your one-stop destination for all your favorite shows and entertainment topics. Sign up for the newsletter and be the first to know about the latest updates!