Bonnie hasn’t had it easy on The Vampire Diaries — and don’t expect that to change in the upcoming final season. BuddyTV caught up with series star Kat Graham to find out what to expect from Bonnie since her boyfriend and best friend are MIA.
The Vampire Diaries Interview: EP Julie Plec Explains Why There Won’t Be Any Crossovers and Previews Season 8 Relationships>>>
Watch the video interview with Kat Graham:
Here are the highlights:
- Season 8 is going to be “very exciting” for Bonnie. “There are no limits at this point.” However, she did lose her powers and has to figure out how to get them back, so she is going to be limited.
- Bonnie is going to be the lover trying to fight for her man and get him back.
- Everyone has to come together to track down Damon and Enzo, and Bonnie can’t just use a locator spell now so it’s not all on her to fix.
- There is going to be more of Bonnie and Caroline’s friendship in season 8, with cool stuff coming up in episode 2.
- “By the end of episode 1, she starts to figure out she can actually do something,” but Graham couldn’t say more other than “it’s good.”
- Graham hopes that Bonnie gets closure, closure in her love life and with who she is as a witch.
- She thinks Bonnie and Elena had their closure already and anything more would be a treat. She had to come to acceptance that based on how the Bonnie storyline was written, she would probably not get to work with Nina Dobrev as Bonnie ever again.
The Vampire Diaries season 8 premieres Friday, October 21 at 8pm on the CW.
(Image courtesy of Warner Bros.)