Here’s your BuddyTV High Five: The five big moments and questions from tonight’s episode of Burn Notice, “Mind Games.”
Michael’s brother Nate is back in Miami, with son baby Charlie in tow. And because Nate’s back in town, his friend is the client-of-the-week and Nate is this week’s newest Westen team member. Basically, the client is a widow being harassed by the loan sharks that gave money to her dead husband (worst husband ever). Michael goes undercover as a sleazy idiot with connections to the best fake documents ever. The team frames the loan shark’s right hand man as a good guy for some reason, but he actually is an undercover FBI Agent. Awkward. But then, they round up all the illegal documents and get the bad guys. During the entire episode, Michael has a case of post-operation paranoia: he’s tense, uptight, and a little cray-cray — at least more than usual — and he can’t get over his burn notice.
High Five Highlights:
5. Stress Reliever “You’re a tough guy to shop for. What do you get for the guy that basically has nothing?” A massage, according to Sam; a little more surprising (maybe) is Fi’s suggestion: a… paper shredder? Okay, that makes complete sense for Fi. Anyway, Michael is stressed from his downtime (so’s the rest of America, Michael) and his best friends try and help him out. Awww.
4. Yogurt Shout-Out! So Jessica — the client — (that’s how the title cards showed it!) can’t pay with money because her husband went and died on her and left them in debt. Great husband. So she offers the best thing in the world to Michael — free yogurt for life! Good shout out.
3. Michael’s Douche Persona Did anyone catch the shot of Michael checking and flexing his pectoral muscles? So funny. He’s really perfected his variations of tools and idiots over the seasons.
2. Jesse as a Nerd How is that believable? He’s a beautiful, buff man. Am I suddenly supposed to believe that I am curious as to what his role will be in the coming weeks of the show. When will the agency reinstate Jesse? Why haven’t they?
1. Nate Westen I really wanted him to be in the episode more with the cute baby Charlie. Hopefully in the future there will be a storyline involving Michael babysit Charlie will on the case.
– Did you see the twist with the FBI Agent? I am ashamed to say I was surprised; I can’t gloat now.
– What does the show plan to do with Jesse, Nate and Maddy? They all pretty much had singular scenes.
Emily E. Steck
(Image courtesy of USA)
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV