Taylor Momsen began acting at an early age, making her on-screen debut on a TV commercial at age 3. She made her film debut in 1999's The Prophet Game; the following year, she took her first major film role, on How The Grinch Stole Christmas. In 2002, she took another major film role, in Hansel & Gretel.
Momsen's career slowed down from there, and she didn't appear on screen until 2006, when she took a role in the never-aired series Misconceptions. The following year - after a handful of film roles and a failed attempt to audition for the lead in Hannah Montana - her biggest break came, when she joined the cast of the CW's Gossip Girl as the insecure Jenny Humphrey.
Momsen is also involved in music. While she was recording songs as early as 2002, it was only until 2009 when her musical efforts were noticed. She fronts the rock band The Pretty Reckless, who released their debut album, Light Me Up, in 2010.
- She shares the ame birthday as The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger.
- She auditioned for the lead role in Hannah Montana, a role that eventually went to Miley Cyrus.
- Before she auditioned for How the Grinch Stole Christmas, she had never read the book or seen the cartoon.
- Her first TV appearance was in a "Shake N' Bake" commercial.
- She is a member of the band The Pretty Reckless, which is signed with Interscope Records.
- She cites Robert Plant, John Lennon and Kurt Cobain as her idols.
2007-2011: Gossip Girl (TV series) - Jenny Humphrey
2008: Spy School - Madison Kramer
2007: Underdog - Molly
2007: Paranoid Park - Jennifer
2006: Saving Shiloh - Samantha Wallace
2006: Misconceptions (TV series) - Hopper Watson
2002: Hansel & Gretel - Gretel
2002: Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams - President's Daughter
2002: We Were Soldiers - Julie Moore
2000: How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Cindy Lou Who
1999: The Prophet's Game - Honey Bee Swan
"I like fashion a lot. I like Pucci for all the patterns. I love vintage but I also love modern style. I mix everything. It’s my own style"
"I trip a lot. I’m kind of klutzy even though I’m a dancer. I ripped my Achilles heel, had crutches for a year. It was really embarrassing."