Susan Sullivan finished her drama degree at the Hofstra University in 1964, and launched her career in Broadway. After landing a contract with Universal Studios in 1969, she began appearing in daytime soaps, first in A World Apart in 1970, and the following year, in Another World. Other prominent roles at the time include a stint in Rich Man, Poor Man: Book II and the comedy It's A Living.
Sullivan's most prominent role came in 1981, when she joined the cast of the CBS drama Falcon Crest. Her portrayal of the sympathetic Maggie Channing endeared her to fans, as well as to critics, who gave her three Soap Opera Digest Award nominations.
After leaving the show in 1989, Sullivan has roles in shows such as The George Carlin Show and The Monroes, before returning to comedy, appearing as the snooty Kitty Montgomery on Dharma and Greg. After a stint on the short-lived ABC series The Nine, she joined the cast of another ABC series, Castle, as the glamorous former actress Martha Rodgers.
- Susan worked as a Playboy Bunny while finishing her last year of college?
- Revolt of the Barbarians (1964)
- Killer's Delight (1978)
- A Memory for Tino (1996)
- My Best Friend's Wedding (1997)
- Show & Tell (1998)
- Puzzled (2001)
- A World Apart (regular, 1970-1971)
- Another World (regular, 1971-1976)
- Rich Man, Poor Man: Book II (regular, 1976-1977)
- Making A Living (regular, 1980-1981)
- Falcon Crest (regular, 1981-1989)
- The George Carlin Show (regular, 1994-1995)
- The Monroes (regular, 1995)
- Dharma and Greg (regular, 1997-2002)
- The Drew Carey Show (recurring, 2004)
- Hope and Faith (recurring, 2005-2006)
- The Nine (regular, 2006-2007)
- Castle (regular, 2009-present)