Samantha Ferris began her on-screen career as a television reporter in Vancouver and Washington state. She began acting in the mid-1990s, beginning with bit roles in several television shows - often as a new anchor or reporter - as well as voice roles in animated series.
Ferris' first major role came in 2005, when she joined the cast of The 4400 as NTAC director Nina Jarvis. This led to recurring roles in The Evidence and Supernatural, where she appeared as Jo Harvelle's mother, Ellen. She also played guest roles in shows such as Battlestar Galactica, The L Word and V.
- Screwed (2000)
- Along Came A Spider (2001)
- Blackwoods (2002)
- Gray Matters (2006)
- The Butterfly (2007)
- Grace (2009)
- Iracus (2010)
- Stargate SG-1 (recurring, 1999)
- The 4400 (recurring, 2005-2006)
- The Evidence (recurring, 2006)
- Supernatural (recurring, 2006-2009)
- Impact (recurring, 2008-2009)
- V (recurring, 2010)